chapter 42: hi

6 months. It had been 6 months since I last spoke to Damiano.

I have been traveling and since my job was already around social media, I took advantage of the followers I already had and became an influencer. I quite like it. I feel like it makes me have a more dynamic lifestyle, which helps a lot. I also have been on and off Portugal, which allows me to see my family more.

I ended up moving to London, and I've been happy. Okay, not happy happy, but happy.

I have been in touch with Thomas, Ethan, Vic, Sage and Diego. They come to visit me like once a month and it's honestly great. I know how hard they try not to mention Damiano, but I guess I have to live with it, right? Shit happened, and now we don't talk. Seems easy to me. Obviously, I hate putting my friends in that position, but honestly there's nothing I can do.

I was now in my apartment with my new black cat, Loki. I got him a month ago, when he was 2 months old. He's literally the love of my life.

"Loki, stop dragging your nails on the couch!" I said loudly, pointing my finger at him, which made him stop and look at me wide eyed. "I got you that thing for a reason." I said pointing at the toy I bought him so he could scratch all he wanted.

He just looked at me and meowed, making me laugh. I felt chills running through my body. I looked to the kitchen, and I realized that I let my window open. I got up and closed. Since I was already in the kitchen, I decided to make myself a hot cocoa, wrapped in a blanket with Loki next to me and put Harry Potter on. Even though it was June, for some reason today was chilly and not sunny which saddened me.

As I was halfway through the movie, someone knocked on my door. I looked at my phone to see if someone had contacted me, but nothing. I furrowed my eyebrows and got up.

I looked through the little whole on the door and saw no one, which made me even more confused. I quickly grabbed key and held it. I opened the door slowly, so in case it was a robber I could poke the key on his neck. As I fully opened the door, 5 figures jumped in front of me.

"SURPRISE!" They all yelled.

"OH MY GOD!" I yelled back as they hugged me. "What are you guys doing here?!"

"We have big news!" Vic said excitedly.

"You might wanna sit down." Ethan said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"So, you're officially moving here?!" I asked them, smiling widely.

"Yes!" They said with the same excited tone as me.

"We have some better deals here, and since we've already recorded some songs here in past, we thought it'd be best if we'd just move here instead of travelling here all the time." Thomas explained.

"Yeah, I get that." I said nodding my head. "What about you two?" I asked looking between Sage and Diego.

"Since Ethan and I moved in together, wherever he goes, I go." Sage explained as she wrapped her arms around his torso, which made me smile.

"Sweet. What about you, Diego?" I asked him.

"I'm already making money with YouTube, so it's easy for me to move to wherever I want." Diego explained shrugging his shoulders.

"Yes, I'm sure that has nothing to do with Vic." I said between them both. Vic blushed straight away, and Diego just chuckled.

"Looks like the gang is back together!" Thomas said wrapping his arm around me. The room immediately got tense.

"Not quite..." Vic said quietly.

"Where... Where is he?" I asked slowly.

"At the hotel. We're all going to see some places tomorrow." Ethan explained.

"Yeah, we did tell him we were going to be here though." Vic added.

"You shouldn't have left him alone. You just got here, he doesn't need to feel neglected right away." I said softly, as if everyone could hear the sorrow in my voice.

"Exactly because we just got here, we had to see you. He can wait a few hours." Vic told me, but I still wasn't sure.

"Stop worrying about it. He's a grown ass man, if he couldn't stay alone in a hotel room for a few hours, then we'd all be doomed." Ethan said.

I ended up giving up and nodded, wanting to just enjoy this time with my friends.

"Can you come over?" Vic said through the phone.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just can't decide on something to wear tomorrow. Also, I miss our late tea talks." She admitted.

"I'll be there in 20." I said smiling before hanging up.

As I got to the hotel, I went towards the elevator and pressed the number 4. As I got out, I searched for the room 412, which was her room.

As I was about to knock, someone opened the door.

My heartbeat increased, my hands became sweaty, and my eyes went wide.

I was not ready.

It was still too soon.

I felt frozen in a way. I did not know what to do. I wasn't ready to deal with this.

As our eyes met, I started panicking even more.

"Hi."

There stood Damiano, in a black oversized sweatshirt, grey sweatpants, and messy hair. The words left his mouth, but it still felt like some cruel dream somehow. I had much like these in the past, which made me highly tempted to pinch myself to make sure it was real.

"Hi." I said quietly as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

Fuck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! How are you??

It's been a while since I last updated! I'm so sorry for that, but I have busy with uni and I went to Portugal last week, so it was nonstop, as you can imagine.

I know this chapter was small, but I hope you still enjoyed it!!

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

What do you think will happen next??

I love you guys!!! <33