Prologue

Nini pov:

I was currently getting dressed to go into the human world.

This was exciting to me because I have never been allowed to leave terra secreta until now. Momma C will still go with me, but still, I get to leave my "prison." It was not an awful thing to be trapped in a magical world surrounded by werewolves, mermaids, and other magical creatures, but I just wanted to see how humans lived.

In school I learned about how hard human life was. They had to cook themselves. That was crazy. Well, we also got to do some things, but not the boring part like cutting the ingredients.

The reason for my visit is my upcoming 18th birthday. On that day, my whole life will change. I will get to be myself.

I was cursed as a baby, when I was just a few days old, by someone we do not talk about, like ever. You may ask yourself what does this curse do? Well, we do not know the extent of it, just one part of it. It is the most stupid thing, but I cannot be nice to people. I have to treat them like they are worth lees than me just because I have a royal title. I hate having to act like this, but my moms said the curse will be broken as soon as I find my mate, my soulmate.

Due to me being a princess I can find my mate a year earlier than everyone else, so for the last year we have all been searching the whole kingdom for my mate. No male seems to be my mate though. So, we started to think he might be human.

I had to find him today or something awful would happen. If I did not break the curse until my 18th birthday, I would get sick. So sick that I would die in a matter of days with a lot of pain.

"Are you ready sweetie?" Momma C asked while walking into my room. I eagerly nodded my head with a smile on my face. "Yes Mom." She smiled, but I could see through her façade.

She was worried, just as everyone else in the castle. No one outside the castle walls got to know about my curse, so they always thought of me as a spoiled brat. This could finally mean I was free, hopefully it will. I shook my head to get rid of the negative thoughts.

It will work, I will find my mate.

———
What do y'all think so far?

And thank you for reading my book, y'all mean the world to me