Chapter 5

Nini pov:

His lips barely even touched mine when a knock on my door interrupted our moment. I quickly pushed him off of me and yelled "come in" to whoever was on the other side of the door.

The door opened to reveal Momma D with a smile on her face, that almost immediately seemed to change to a disappointed smile when she saw Ricky "I just wanted to check in on you two."

I knew why she was disappointed, because she interrupted us even though she had no idea what had just nearly happened. Not even seconds later my momma D had left again, leaving the two of us alone in an awkward silence.

"I-" I tried to say something but was interrupted by Ricky. "I don't know what happened, I just fuck I'm sorry. Sleep well Neens." He walked out of my room as fast as he could.

As soon as my bedroom door closed, I let out a frustrated sigh. If this freaked him out so much, how was I ever supposed to tell him the truth.

Oh, hey Ricky you don't even want to kiss me but if you don't sleep with me, I'll die.

Definitely doesn't sound weird at all.

Maybe I should ask my moms for help because I had absolutely no idea on how to handle this situation.

Ricky pov:

How could I be so stupid? I was mad at myself for taking things so fast. I was sitting on my bed, in my new room that's in a castle. And in a different, well I would call it world.

24 hours ago, I was going to school with my "friends" and did stupid stuff to forget what I went through every day. Or used to. I guess I escaped the life I never wanted to life in a castle.

That definitely was not on top of my to do list, but hey at least the food is good.

I decided to explore the castle a little because I wasn't tired yet. Was that a stupid idea? Looking back, it probably was because not even an hour later I was lost. So, now I was wondering through the halls of a castle trying to find my way back to my room. Or at least find someone who could tell me.

It was a great way to think about things though, since it was absolutely silent in here at night and I had no distractions like I did in my new room.

I do really like Nini in a way I've never liked anyone else before. The moment I saw her I felt this connection with her that I wish I could explain. It's like every time I'm around her it felt right, like we were meant to be together but that's absurd.

There is no such thing as Love, it simply doesn't exist.

I shook my head at my own thoughts to get rid of them. There is no way what I was feeling was love, it must be lust. Yeah, that's it. That's all it is.

It makes sense as well because Nini is pretty attractive. I especially lover her long brown hair.

I sighed while running my hand through my hair. We nearly fucking kissed tonight. I initiated the kiss as well, that was so not something I would usually see myself doing.

I felt like my mind was full of fog, like I couldn't control myself around her, but that sounds even weirder than me being in love with her. I want to run away from all these confusing feelings, but if I do Nini will die and I could never life with myself if I caused her to die.

Those thoughts and the memories kept running around my mind the whole time while I tried to find the way back to my room. They only distracted me a million times, causing me to walk down the same hallway probably eight times. I finally ended up finding the right hallway.

My hand was already placed on the doorknob of my room when I heard voices coming from Nini's parents' room across the hall. I quietly walked over to listen to what they were saying.

I questioned if it was right the whole way over until I heard my name. "Ricky is a sweet boy" Dana said.
Carol just nodded her head in agreement before sighing. "I hope he will make the right decision. If he doesn't out baby will die." As those words left her lips both women started sobbing.

I knew in that moment that I had no other choice than to talk to Nini tomorrow about what exactly I need to do to save her life. I would do anything to not make her parents lose their daughter, for Nini to not think of dying every single day.

I can just leave after saving her life.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

———
Any predictions on how Nini will tell Ricky the truth?