Chapter 2

Nini pov:

I looked to my left to see my mother standing there smiling at me with a knowing smile. She knew he was my mate, and I honestly can't say, who of us were more excited.

Now the only problem was bringing my mate, Ricky, back to the palace without scaring him away. "Your mother seems to want to go home. You should probably go to her" Ricky all of the sudden said. Was he trying to make me go away? The thought caused tears to form in my eyes.

"Ok" I mumbled quietly. I slowly stood up, trying desperately not to start crying.

Ricky pov:

The moment I said those words I could see how much they hurt her. I desperately wanted to say that I wanted to spend more time with her, but I could not pull her into my life like that. I just needed to move on with my life and forget about her.

I saw her walk towards her mother with tears in her eyes. She told her something, which caused her mother to start crying too. I had no idea what was happening, but I knew I had to get away. Right before I moved away though I saw something I never wanted to see.

Nini was laying on the ground screaming in pain. Shit, I should have known that something would happen.

I immediately ran towards her and kneeled down by her side. I placed my arms under her knees and back to pick her up. When I touched her, she seemed to immediately relax, and the pain seemed to slowly get less. What was happening? I looked up at her mother in confusion.

She just smiled at me with a motherly smile. "Come on boy we have to get her home, and, on our way, you have to make a decision." Her words shocked me a bit, but I nodded, nonetheless. I was carrying Nini bridal style with her head on my chest. Her breaths were even meaning she probably fell asleep.

"My daughter, she is special" her mother started with. "Ok, what exactly does that mean?" I questioned her in confusion. She sighed at that "I can't really tell you until you make a decision and I'm not the person, who should tell you this, but due to the circumstances I will make an exception." I just stayed quiet during her explanation. "Nini and I, we aren't from here" she said. "Oh, so you're form a different state?"

At my words she shock her head. "A different country?" Again, she shook her head.

"We're from a different world and I need you to decide whether you will leave with us or never see us again right now. I know this decision should not be rushed, but my daughter does not have time to wait. She will explain everything to you in due time, but right now you need to make your decision."

"What?" I asked confused. "Do you want to leave your life here forever and come with me and Nini or do you want to never see her again?" she clarified for me.

I thought about it for a few minutes. What did I have here anyways? My stupid friends, if they even are that are definitely not worth giving up the one person, who made me smile so far. "I'll go with you" I said without hesitation in my voice.

At my words Nini's mother burst out into tears. She hugged me as best as she could which proved to be difficult since I was still holding her daughter. "Thank you so much. You might understand now but you will in due time." She continued to lead me to a stone wall and stopped right in front of it. "I need you to trust me and walk through that wall."

My eyebrows shot u at her words "What? That's crazy I'll hurt Nini and or myself." Nini's mother shock her head at my words though "You won't. Nini would want you to do this. Just close your eyes and do it. I will be right behind you. Just trust me, even if it sounds weird." I took a deep breath before doing as I was told. Before I even took a step though I placed my hand over Nini's hand as if I was protecting her head from hitting the wall.

That was not necessary though, because I walked right through the wall. This weird feeling overcame me, but it quickly passed. I looked ahead to see a huge castle in the distance. A few seconds later her mother joined me.

"Welcome to Terra Secreta" she said while placing her hand on my shoulder. I just stood there with my mouth wide open. I was either going insane or this was really. Both options were rather weird in my opinion.

"Close your mouth and follow me" she commanded. I did as I was told and followed her. We were walking on a straight line towards the castle. Was that where they lived? There is no way. My suspicion was proven right though when we walked right into the castle.

"Welcome home son." Her words made my eyes widen. Not the home part but the Son part. I hope she didn't think of me as her son because that would be awkward considering I have an interest in her daughter.

Nini's mother led me up multiple stairs and then towards a room. She pushed open the door and I immediately knew that this was Nini's bedroom. "This is her bedroom. You can place her on the bed and then you could come to the living room with me or if you'd like you could stay here until she wakes up as well, which I'm sure you would prefer."

She was right, I had this urge to stay here. To protect her. Our conversation was interrupted though when another women walked into the room. "Honey, who is this?" she asked Nini's mother. "That is Ricky. He helped Nini after she was in pain." The face the women made caused me to think that, that meant a lot, but I was not sure.

"Well hello Ricky. My name is Dana, I am Nini's mother and that is my wife, Carol." They were lesbians. That was surprising, but I had no idea why. "You seem shocked. Do you have a problem with anything?" Carols asked me. "Oh no, of course not. I was just a little surprised, even though it's completely normal."

At my words they both smiled. "We'll leave you alone. She should wake up soon and if she does, we'd appreciate you two coming to the dining hall for Dinner." I nodded my head as a sign that I understood.

As soon as the closed the door behind them I walked closer to where I had placed Nini on the bed. I carefully sat down on the edge of the bed and just stared at her.

She was perfect, but I had no idea why I already felt so much for her when I had met her probably not even an hour ago. She made me fell a way no one else ever made.

And that scared me. I promised myself to never grow attached to anyone ever again and even though I just met her I know it would be difficult.

———
So what do you guys think of Ricky's feelings towards the situation?