𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘢𝘵 𝘛𝘰𝘤𝘩𝘶

As Shirabu dumped the now heavy body of Goshiki into the river near Tochu park. It was already the early hours of the morning, so the lights were off and the streets were quiet. Seeing the ferris wheel powered down sent shivers down the copper-coloured haired male's back.

In the stillness of the night, he heard splashing in the water next to him. That's strange, he thought. I already dumped his body. It shouldn't be making any more-

Just then he looked over to his right to see someone hunched over, doing the same thing he was doing not too long ago. They were dumping a body in the river as well! Before he could think, words slipped out of his mouth that he couldn't contain.

"H-hey!" he stuttered. Whoever it was looked over at him, the shock from being spotted causing them to drop their own body, causing a splash. They locked eyes with Shirabu, the faint glint of the street lights reflecting off of their own. He could swear he saw them smile at him before they ran off. Shirabu tried to follow them, but they were too quick for him.

He ran back to where he originally was at the river, looking for whoever they had dropped. Unfortunately for him, the body that the stranger had dropped off had already floated away with Goshiki's.

"What are the odds," he said to himself.

What are the odds indeed.

Shirabu was walking around Tochu park the next day with the other Shiratorizawa members. They scheduled this trip to Tokyo since they were so sure they would make it to nationals. Since the money was already spent, they decided to just go anyway.

For some odd reason, though, nobody was worried about where Goshiki was. He mentioned that he had family in Tokyo, so they just assumed he was with them.

Nobody suspected that he was hurt.

Good.

As all the other members were having fun and enjoying their holiday, Shirabu hung back. This wasn't out of the ordinary for him, since the other members saw him as somewhat of a stick in the mud. All the while though, Kenjirou's chest began to tighten. Not because of guilt, but for the fact that someone else had been there, dumping a body as well.

And they had seen him.

And heard his voice.

This wasn't good.

"Taichi, go tell the others that I'll be by the river," he looked around nervously like everyone there knew his crimes. He didn't feel safe. "I'm not feeling so well."

"Sure thing, doc." The brunette male jogged off to catch up with the rest of the group, Ushijima glancing back to where Taichi had pointed. He liked to call Shirabu 'doc' because he was the only one he told that he wanted to go into the medical field as a future career.

He walked down to the side of the lake and sat there. He wasn't thinking about anything in particular, just how his summer was nearly over and he would be resuming school soon.

The booming of fireworks erupted through the silence, although he didn't know what for though. People around him were cheering until he heard a lady scream.

"Holy shit! I-it's... it's a body!" People gathered closer to where Shirabu was sitting, just a little to his left. Sure enough, it was a body.

Goshiki's body to be exact.

Shit, he thought. I should've punctured the lungs before drowning him. That's what I forgot to do. Idiot!

People around him were screaming so he got up. When he was finally back on his feet, he remembered:

there was supposed to be another body.

Where did it go? Who was it? The curiosity from before came back up tenfold. He started towards the park to catch up with his teammates, picking up the pace when he saw uniformed officers heading towards the river.

He was too lost in his thoughts to properly look where he was going, and he ended up bumping into someone. "Sorry," he said, about to take off again when he looked up. Holy shit. This person was tall.

Really tall.

They had to be taller than Ushijima with over an inch or so. "No need to stare," the tall male said. He squinted his eyes at Shirabu. "Hey, I know you..."

"You do?" he asked. He had never seen this man before, so he was confused. Although his eyes did look familiar to him for some odd reason.

"Yeah."

"You're the one who started all this, right?"

"Excuse me?"

"Must've forgotten to puncture the lung. Don't worry, happened to me on my first time too. You'll get better, just keep at it."

At that moment, Shirabu remembered where he had seen those eyes. "You-!" Was all he got out before his world turned black.

The tall male had trouble getting Shirabu to the same river where he dumped Goshiki through the crowd as he was now heavier due to his passing out, but easy enough since everyone else was in a panic and paying him no attention.

He took out the needle and poked Shirabu in the chest deeply, collapsing his lung before he dragged him into the water.

"Always the same time of year, too," he said to himself after watching the copper-haired male's lifeless body sink before slowly gliding away. "These people never learn."

"They don't, do they?"

He turned around, and this time his own world went black.

a/n - imma let y'all figure this one out yourselves.