Chapter 4 - When I Partied With You

Song recommendation - Counting Stars by OneRepublic

You and I had been studying. Well, "studying."

We were in your - our - little closed off corner. I was sitting in the lime green bean bag. You were sitting in the blue one.

We were flipping through textbooks, I don't remember the class I was studying for. I was too busy staring at you as you laughed at our dumb jokes. Your eyes sparkled. I always thought that was just a thing people said in cringey romance shit. And then I met you.

A lot changed when I met you. After we became close, I started coming out of my shell. Sapnap noticed and we became close, and I met Alex and Wilbur. I didn't know he was your brother. They got me into partying.

One time I came to the library drunk. I barely remembered anything the next day, but you helped me, fed me, and got me some water. I noticed you coming out of your shell a little more. You'd never been that closed-off, but I definitely had to earn your unconditional trust. That night, when I wasn't paying attention to my work, I knew I had to give you some fun.

"Wanna go to a party with me?" I had blurted out.

You hesitated, but only for a second. "When?"

"Now."

You tossed your book aside, sure it'd be there again when you returned. You jumped up. "Well? What're you waiting for? We don't wanna be late!"

I chuckled and stood up quickly. "C'mon, follow me."

I led you through the trees, a shortcut to the Kappa Sigma house, a frat Sap had tried to rush a couple weeks prior. They rejected him, and told him to wait until sophomore year. He already had his eye on another fraternity, though. Alpha... something. It didn't matter to me. All that had mattered to me was you. You were my best friend, I'd never let anything change that.

You joked about me killing you there, in the woods, to which I responded by putting my hands around your neck and shook. You didn't think it was funny, but I was on the ground wheezing for a while. I guess you thought I couldn't see you blush, and gingerly touch your neck where my hands had been. I hadn't thought that interaction was that intimate, but I remembered what you had told me casually a few weeks ago. Your love language was touch, and when you were infatuated with someone, it didn't matter where it was. When you kicked me, annoyed and telling me to "get off my ass and bring you to that party," I took you by the hand instead of the wrist, and led you carefully through the path.

When we got to the house, there were people offering you things left and right. Powder,  pills, and of course drinks. You seemed really uncomfortable. 

"I'm sorry I brought you here, we can leave," I whispered.

"No, it's okay."

I heard how anxious you were, so I let go of your hand and placed you in front of me, and put my arms in front of you so I could push people away. You seemed to fit in my arms perfectly.

We eventually got to a less crowded spot and I saw Wilbur on the couch, his space being invaded by a drunk Alex. You laughed at him, and I watched your eyes crinkle.

And I watched your nose scrunch up.

And I watched your smile grow.

And I listened to your laugh.

And then he woke up.

________

A/N

>You seemed to fit in my arms perfectly.

I was going to write "you fit under me perfectly" or "you seemed to melt into me/my touch" but then I re-read it and was just like-

*deep breath* nope.

So anyway I had a headache all of today and writing isn't helping it 👍

(630 words)