Chapter 28 - Bliss

After breakfast we got dressed, planning to spend a full day together. After running unexpectedly out of my house yesterday, I was left with no clothes or belongings with me. The house was only a short drive away but Ransom and I didn't want to interrupt our blissful few days by going there. Bumping into Dad would only remind us of the reality we were yet to face. Instead, I put my jeans on from the day before and borrowed one of Ransom's white t-shirts, although it was slightly baggier on me. I finished off by clutching my new favourite hoody and threw it back over me. Ransom slipped on a pair of black jeans and a cream jumper, looking sexy as ever. I was grateful Dad had convinced me to take the time off work while I wrapped my head around Frank. It was really nice, doing normal things with Ransom, like a normal couple for once. We spent a few hours cuddled up on the sofa watching movies and play-fighting, before I convinced Ransom that we should go for a walk. He was hesitant after finding out about the rogue gunman, but I did my best to assure him nothing would happen, if we just stuck to the fields close by and he finally agreed. As we left the house, our hands entwined with each others, holding onto each other tightly the entire time. Ransom didn't seem to be too on edge as we approached the gate at the bottom of his driveway and so I playfully tugged him over the property line, dragging him in the direction of the fields close by.

"So how did it go at your meetings yesterday?" I asked as we walked through a turnstile and into a nearby field, realising that I hadn't even asked him about it yet. He chuckled lightly shaking his head.

"The bank approved me." He said proudly, grinning widely. A sudden smile formed quickly over my face.

"That's amazing!" I squealed loudly, practically jumping for joy as we walked. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I don't know. I just wanted to focus my attention on you." He sighed, smiling still.

"I'm an idiot. I feel awful. I should have asked sooner." I reeled off, feeling incredibly guilty for not even thinking to ask about it.

"You aren't an idiot Lucy. But if you really want to make it up to me, I can think of a few ways." He chuckled.

"Jesus Curtis, do you ever think of anything else?" I teased, smiling the whole time. It seemed to be a permanent fixture on my face for that day at least.

"I can't help it." He said confidently, stopping in his tracks to face me. "You are just so god damn beautiful. I'm so happy you're finally mine." He slipped his hand along my jaw, resting his finger tips in my hair as he closed the gap between us slowly, placing a long, drawn out kiss on my lips. I gulped lightly as he pulled away, feeling the heat between my legs rising. I completely understood what he meant. As much as I tried to focus on other things, the electricity between us was always there, my body wanted to be completely consumed by him at every given opportunity. It was clear he noticed the shift in my body and he attempted to close the gap once more, but I quickly ducked away, grabbing his hand and pulling him through the field more as he groaned.

"Come on, I want to hear more about yesterday." I insisted as he gave in, walking next to me once more and letting go of my hand to drape an arm over my shoulders.

"Fine." He groaned.

"So did you like the properties you saw?" I asked.

"Yes. The one in town is perfect. It's just what I'm looking for." He replied. I kept flicking my gaze between where we were walking and his face, admiring his proud smile as he spoke.

"Is that the one I liked?" I asked, remembering a little about it.

"Yes, Lucy." He responded, rolling his eyes.

"Hmm, well that shouldn't have come as a surprise, I am a genius." I joked, bumping my shoulder into him. He let out a light chuckle.

"You know, the name Loo's is growing on me." He said with a smirk.