-2-

---

"Your dad is alive."

A lump clogged in my throat. I could feel my teeth chattering and my lip trembling.

"Kai? Hello are you there?" The voice spoke. "Y-yes." I stammered. "who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Garmadon."

Garmadon...Garmadon....I've heard of that name before......I remember now! He used to work with dad! "Tell me something only dad would know." I demanded. "You and your sister used to play hide and seek with your dad whilst your mum made lunch and spoke to your auntie aka her sister, Delara." Garmadon said. I put my hand to my mouth, how did he know that?

"Kai!"

I could hear my mum shouting at me from downstairs. "Call me tomorrow, I have to go!" I rushed and hung up the phone and sprinted downstairs. "Yes?" I asked. Nya was sitting at the table in the kitchen whilst our aunt Delara braided her hair. "I need you to pop to the shops for some milk and some chocolate biscuits." Mum says, giving me money from her purse. I nod and walk outside and passing the barn. I see Cole walking out and he started walking towards me. "Hey! It's Kai right?" He yelled. He started to walk with me looking down at his phone. "Mind if I walk with you? Dad is boring me." Cole asks me. "Sure." I nod.

We started to walk down to the shops and about halfway there we actually started to talk. "How old are you?" I blurted out. Cole looked at me as we strolled down the road. "Fifteen." Cole responded. "You're tall for your age." I said looking at him up and down. "I get that a lot." Cole snorted. I laughed at him. "Okay, you are tall for your age too." He admitted. "Oh my god you should see my friend Jay, he's so tall and he's two years younger than me!" I laughed. "Wait, so your sister is so short yet you're like a fucking giraffe?" Cole joked. I nodded while laughing. I nodded and snorted. "Where are you going actually, dad wanted me to make friends and be social with you." Cole said. "Down the road." I pointed.

Cole and I walked in and saw Ronin sitting behind the till. "Heya kid! Milk?" Ronin said. "Yep, same as always Ronin!" I responded. We walked down the aisle and grabbed the milk and left. I checked my phone to see Garmadon had texted me.

Garmadon: Call me when we can talk again

I put my phone away and Cole and I started talking about our interests. "So you like dancing?" I asked. Cole hummed a yes. We got back to the barn and he waved goodbye. I walked back into the house to see Delara making herself a sandwich. "Oh hiya Kai!" She chirped. I waved and put the milk away. I wandered back into my and plugged my headphones in, ready to call Garmadon. I rang him and waited for an answer. garmadon finally picked up and his camera quality was blurry but he had blackish-brown hair and brown sort of red eyes. He was wearing a black shirt showing off the muscles on his biceps.

"Are you sure you want to hear this Kai?"

~~~

~Hiii!~

~I will update tomorrow!

~Word Count: 547~