Sorta Saving a Life

It had been almost months now since she first set foot in the asylum. Vivica could navigate her way aroundnthe place on her own now, but it still wasn't a pleasure to be there. Reese and her sat together in the courtyard and cafeteria almost everyday. She found out a lot about him, besides how he got locked up in here. He seemed quite secretive about that. Reese didn't seem crazy. He seemed like a normal person, but there must have been something off about him.

Vivica was walked into the big courtyard full of people. It was turning out to be her favorite place in the asylum. Lots of room for her to not feel so closed in. Lots of room for thoughts. She did a small sweep of the place, her eyes landing on one of the people that terrified her most. Jene.
She was standing alone, talking to herself with a wide blank smile. Her eyes settled Vivica, and her smile dropped. If didn't seem like she was going to attack, but it also didn't look like she was happy that Viv was there.

'Just stay away from her. The cat isn't going to pounce without her pack.' The best friends said. Vivica dug her hands in the shallow pockets of her faded gray prison styled suit, and started to wall forward.
She noticed a boy who was standing near Jene. He was scrawny, wild green dyed hair. His eyes were going crazy looking around and around, never settling on one place. He seemed angry, and there was something in his hand...

Vivica gasped inwardly as she thought about what it might be. As Jene turned in place, the mad looking boy started to walk closer toward her. Viv didn't know why, but she followed after the boy ready to pounce.

When suddenly lunged at Jene, revealing a makeshift knife, a shif. Viv tackled him like she once had tackled Wes. Attention from the other patients in the courtyard turned to what was going on, people gathering around in excitement. Vivica was able to steal the knife from the boy who was throwing out words that meant nothing to her.
'Kil him' her friends commanded.
She slit his throat quickly, blood spilling onto the floor and onto her. She sat up panting heavily as she looked around her.

Everyone was staring at her in awr, nobody saying a word.

"You, you saved me" a voice called out. Viv looked and saw it was Jene, looking suprised and slightly impressed.
"I mean, sorta" she added after as if it meant nothing. Vivica saw guards push through the crowd of patients, moving toward her. She didn't fight as they lifted her up and started to drag her somewhere. Vivica was able to look back for a quick second, seeing Jene looking at her in an evaluating type of way, and what looked like a pack of janitors picking up the body of the boy she murded.

Now she killed 9.