08 || Till One of Us Dies

October 2018, New York, USA

It took until Halloween for the emtpy rooms of the compound to fill again, which had left the assassin couple to themselves for almost five weeks.

They felt like they were living on their own, with no one around who had an eye on either of them.

Except for Dr. Quinn stepping by on an almost daily base for M's damn therapy.

They spent their days fooling around, dancing, watching stupid movies Bucky thought were great and Marie thought were awful, fucking, training, and also analyzing the information the soldier had gathered on his mission and was sent from the others.

Bucky had taken her on a couple dates, making up for everything they hadn't had the chance to do for the past eleven months of their relationship.

He took her to his favourite places around New York State, and showed her where in Brooklyn he and Steve had grown up.

M loved the rides on his motorbike and learning about him, clutching her arms tightly around his waist, pressing into him when he drove off.

The feeling of her hair whirling in the wind was amazing. Also, he looked fucking hot on that bike, usually wearing his favourite black leather jacket to hide his metal arm.

•••••

They day was cold and thunderous, huge drops of rain were splashing on the windows of Bucky's room. The dark grey light creept through the halfway dropped blinds.

He watched the rain roll down the windows, his girlfriend curled up on his side, her head resting on his slowly moving chest.

His metal hand rested on the naked small of her back under her favourite hoodie; the navy blue one that belonged to him.

His eyes occassionally moved down to her, watching the peacefull expression on her face when she was asleep next to him.

The warm, tingling feeling washing over him from his stomach made him smile. It was as viscous as honey dropping over him. It clung to his heart, just like her.

He'd become such a softie for her, he wanted to stay in this moment forever.

But an almost silent knock on the door caught the train of his cheesy thoughts, pulling him back into reality.

"James?"

"Hmm?"

Vision entered the room through the door, not opening it, as always.

The android stood in the doorway, his eyes wandered from the soldier to the young, blonde woman in his arms, fast asleep.

A smile brushed his red face, catching his eyes.

"I see you finally told her that you liked her" he said.

He had told Bucky months ago that he needed to let her know or else it would be too late at some point. Little did he know they already were a couple back then.

"I already did a long time ago, Vis" Bucky admitted, his voice low. Marie shifted on him, burrying her head in the space between his shoulder and his neck, her face slightly covered by her long blonde hair.

"Don't tell anyone, please."

Vision shook his head.

"As long as it doesn't get any of us in trouble it's none of my concern, James. I'm just happy you two are at peace. But that's not what I'm here for. Tony's back and he called in a meeting in half an hour. Everyone on mission is required."