𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

"I would ask..."

"Just please don't"

Dan held back his snicker as he leaned on the wall next to Nyx, shaking his head. Nyx let out a groan, rubbing her head as she relaxed back against the alleyway next to some random dive bar. Her search had been going...well, going. She had searched the city all day, and planned on doing so throughout the following night. However, her plans changed at some point after 10 pm when she found herself in some random bar with loud music and a drinking competition night.

"I'm guessing you won?" Dan asked with a raised brow, his finger flicking the goofy-colored cowboy hat on top of Nyx's head. "How dare you insinuate there was any competition!" She retaliated, giving Dan a thank you as he helped her stand up. 

"Not that I am not happy to see you, but what time is it and why exactly are you here?" Nyx asked, letting out a loud yawn as she stretched, shutting her eyes as she rested her head on Dan's shoulder. "Well, it's 7 am, and we got a call about a young woman who drank the bar dry and was sound asleep on the front steps. The owner got worried when he went to leave this morning and you were as snug as a bug" Dan explained, his shoulder bouncing as he laughed, causing Nyx to snicker as well. "I truly hate mornings."

"I've gathered," Dan nodded, wrapping an arm around Nyx's waist as he guided her to sit on the hood of his car. "You do know you still have your analyst job, right?" The question caused Nyx to look up at Dan from her lazed state, sending him a cocked smile. "I thought Decker was convincing the L.A.P.D I was useless?" She quipped, watching as Dan shook his head in disagreement. "Chloe sometimes gets worked up over this job. Says things out of frustration. All is good though"

Nyx huffed a laugh, grabbing Dan's sunglasses from his shirt and slipping them over her eyes. "Well, let the boss know I won't be able to come in for a few days." Dan sent her a questioning look at the request. "Some personal things. Make something up, Danny boy. But nothing dumb. Maybe like...I fought a bear and now I have to nurse the bear back to health."

Dan rolled his eyes, but couldn't help the laugh that passed his lips. "Do I want to know the real reason?"

"Nope."

"Are you going to tell me?" 

"Nuh huh." Nyx sent Dan a playful smile, standing up and grabbing a piece of candy out of her discarded jacket Dan had found upon arrival before slinging it onto her shoulders. Dan crossed his arms as he watched the woman, sending her an endearing smile. "Well, if you need any help, just let me know."

Nyx was about to wave him off with a 'yeah' but froze in her tracks, her smile slowly dropping. "Actually...uh, if you would do something for me."

Dan stood upright, looking at the phone in Nyx's hands once she showed it to him. "This is Rike's wife, Vanessa. If you could...make sure they never come to L.A" Nyx's voice fell between emotions. It was sad, regretful but then it became serious as her blue eyes met Dan's. "I will pay whatever needs to be done but make sure Rike's body is sent home. That he gets a beautiful funeral, and that Vanessa and the kids are under surveillance."

Dan's expression changed at the last request, looking at the woman before him. ''Why protection? It's starting to look as though Rike was just a hate crime against the police. I mean, being F.B.I there were probably individuals in L.A who would want him dead."