Chapter Five ... Doram's Alpha

POV
The Scribe Of Adornia

Doram awoke to the sound of shuffling, he watched from his bed as his Alpha drunkenly stumbled around their room, watching Suril mutter to himself in the darkened room, R'aron's words from almost a night ago replayed in his mind.

Doram... your mate has an addiction to the feeling of release, this is fate teaching you of your past sins. Hold fast to him, he tries to fight his abandonment in the wrong ways, seeking comfort in the arms of others to try and remain the ever ruthless Alpha in front of you and his father... when I restore you and your tribe... when you return from the high mountains you will understand him and through your relationship two great battles will be won.

What did her words mean?

He could guess a few things, Doram's mate Suril, he did seem to be addicted to sex, he slept with whores like they would suddenly disappear, Doram had even caught the Alpha masturbating, something Adornians call hik'olo. ( self-abuse) Doram understood that part of R'aron's words but he didn't know what she meant about fate teaching him of his pas sins. He'd never had any addictions, he didn't like alcohol, he didn't take drugs, and he wasn't at any point in his two centuries of living addicted to sex.

R'aron said he was to hold fast to his Alpha, and that he would at some point understand Suril, Doram wasn't sure, but R'aron wasn't a liar, she hadn't ever said anything that hadn't come to pass, so he decided to just listen and do his best to tolerate his wicked mate. Doram was never good at deciphering R'aron's prophecies. She spoke to him in riddles and he hated that.

As he pretended to be asleep he listened to Suril mutter to himself. He said nothing as his Alpha climbed naked into their bed, smelling heavily of wollow-(alcohol made from wallow berries) and at least two different Omega. Doram was thankful for the numbing potions Bara had gotten him two years ago, after the festival of Aloulia-( Beginning of the spring year) Bara had given several big potion vials to him the first time Suril went outside their relationship. The pain Suril caused had certainly almost killed Doram's wolf, but what did it matter, castle Omega weren't allowed to shift, so Doram drank the potion and it put his wolf to sleep.

One sip every day and he wouldn't feel the effects of Suril's sexual conquest.

Doram stiffened almost unnoticeably when Suril grabbed his body and pulled him tightly against his own, Doram wanted to cry from the smell of sex and strong drink pouring off his Alpha, yet that instantly went away when he heard the Alpha quietly sniffling. He said nothing as he listened to Suril suddenly start talking to him, he wondered for a moment if Suril knew he was awake, but certainly the Alpha would never have talked to Doram like he was, he would never allow Doram to hear him sounding so vulnerable and weak.

"I didn't really want to lay with them, but I was drinking... I'm always drinking... then they began to say the things I wish you would say to me, they seem to see me in the way I wish you could. I understand though. You were forced to be with me, you're from the Swamps. And I took you away from that freedom. Forced you into this life, a life I don't want... I hate this life, but you my quiet Omega, you can't understand... my father... I have to make him proud." Suril whispered all of this, and Doram could hear the hurt in his Alpha, but he felt no pity for him... all he saw was Suril sharing pieces of himself with so'dalo. (whores)

"I will try to be faithful, I will do my best." Suril said, but these were just words, in his drunken mind he meant them, maybe he meant them in his heart as well, but when morning came, Suril the son of Gamlek would awaken from his drunken stupor and put on the facade he'd been using since he found his mother dead.