Chapter 12: First Game

Scarlet's Point of View:

Today was an important day for not only me, but also the whole team. We were facing Atletico Madrid today, as an away game. There was one minute left of halftime, and I was warming up to take Gareth's place. We were currently losing two nil, Niguez and Mendes from Atletico scored in the 14th and 18th minute. Coach Ancelotti had given us instructions for the second half, and now we were just waiting.

Once halftime was over the referee signaled that there would be a substitution. He held up the sign and instead of saying five and eleven, it said five and seven, Cristiano's number. "Carlo! I can't take Cristiano's spot! Are you crazy? He has ten times the amount of talent in his thumb than I have in my entire body!" I was freaking out, but looked calm, so the reporters wouldn't know this was a last minute change.

"Yes you can! I've seen you play millions of times Scarlet, now go out there and kick some Atletico butt!" Coach Ancelotti patted my back, while Cris high fives me and whispered to me, "Win this game for us, Scar. We need to stay in top of the table. I believe in you. "

I ran out to the field with a passion and desire that I hadn't felt in years, I was ready to play.

Isco passed me the ball and I went around two players, before passing it backwards to Toni Kroos. After having complete possession for a few minutes we decided to take a shot. The ball was at my feet, and I was flying through the defense, but instead of taking the shot of a clear goal, I passed to Karim Benzema, who I saw from the corner of my eye. He shot, and scored! We were making our way back up two one! Karim and I celebrated, and he thanked me for giving him an assist, but said I could have taken the chance."Scarlet you know it's okay to be a little bit selfish right? You know it, we know it, everyone knows you would've made that goal." Gareth said covering his mouth.

"Yeah, but then they'll think I'd never pass to my teammates." I argued while walking, covering my mouth also.

"Who really cares what those no life reporters have to say? Just score some goals." Gareth ran back to position.

After just 10 minutes, Karim got subbed off for Chicharito. We got the ball back from a beautiful interception by Carvajal, he had passed it to Chicha, who passed it to me. Once again the defenders didn't want to tackle me, so like Carlo said, I used that to my advantage, and took a shot. I scored the equalizer! I jumped up, then kissed my hands pointing them to they sky, thanking God, and my real parents for this opportunity. All the guys came over to me and we were all cheering together like a family.

There was 30 more minutes left in the game, and I was determined to score two more goals, and get a hat-trick on my first match. Five minutes later, we got another chance, but this time it was a penalty. Diego Godin had tackled Gareth, and since Cristiano usually takes the penalties, and I'm his substitute, I had to take it.

Everyone in the room was silent, I took three steps back, then one to the left. 25 minutes left. I shot the ball for the upper right corner. It all went in slow motion for me from then. The ball slid past Miguel Moya's, the goalkeeper, fingertips. I scored another goal! We were winning 3-2! One goal left to score a hat-trick! I ran to Real Madrid's bench, and hugged Carlo for dear life. "Thank you so much Carlo!" I yelled while running back to the field, "One more goal!" I held my pointer finger up.

The next 20 minutes was Atletico just passing the ball back and forth between the same couple players, and I was getting annoyed. I watched the pattern they were passing in, and I ran directly where I knew the ball would be passed, and got possession. I was in the penalty area now, and it was one on one with the goalkeeper, I faked right, and shot left. It went it! 4-2! I had scored a hat-trick for Real Madrid! Again, we celebrated by hugs, and encouraging words from other players. I winked at the bench players, and went back to my position. The last five minutes was just Real passing back and forth, wasting time. When the game ended, the entire team surround me and kissed my forehead, and congratulated me. Carlo had thrown a ball and sharpie at me, so I could sign it and give it to a fan. I wrote my name, Scarlet Ramos, and kicked it into the stands, hoping the person that got it would be a fan.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw some Atletico players, and I decided to talk with them. "Hey Anto and Nando! Great game!" I jogged up to Antoine and Fernando talking to each other.

"Scarlet! You are seriously magic! How do you manage to score a hat-trick on your first game, in one half?" Fernando asked shocked.

"Well your defense was too scared to touch me, so it wasn't much of a challenge. Not that they would be if they were tackling me." Both had given me the evil eye, but I knew they were joking. "You guys know I'm joking." I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I came over here, because I wanted to trade jerseys with the Antoine Griezmann."

"Always knew she was a fangirl." Toine whispered to Fernando, but loud enough for me to hear.

"Never doubted you." Fernando whispered back.

"Seriously guys? I just want a jersey!"

"Order one." Fernando sassed.

Antoine laughed, and took off his shirt, "Here."

"Is this your try at seeing my shirtless? It's working." I took off my shirt revealing my upper body.

Toni was walking towards the stairs, while whistling, "Dang Scar," He lifted up his shirt, to reveal his abs, "you have a better six pack than me."

"Leave Toni." I groaned.

"Fine, bossy old lady." He walked away from us, mimicking our conversation while walking away.

"Just give me your shirt, Anto." I reached my hand out for it.

"Five jumping jacks for it." He smirked while winking.

"Ew! No you sicko!" I scrunched my face up in disgust.

"No jacks, no jersey."

Fernando grabbed the jersey, and handed it to me, "Only because your abs are making me jealous." He rolled his eyes.

"What can I say, it runs in the family. My brothers abs? Amazing. Thanks for the jersey, Fernando. Not you Antoine" I joked, and hugged them both, and went to change.

James Rodriguez's Point of View:

Since when was she best buddies with Atletico? They're seriously the dirtiest team in La Liga! I'll just let her be, it's only Fernando and Antoine, they're too ugly for her anyways. (AN/ Antoine and Fernando are my Atletico babies, they're adorable, and I love them.) What the heck she's really exchanging jerseys with them! I'll just hangout with her, and when shes in the bathroom burn it. Why is she hugging them? "Hey man, remember the first rule. Say it with me,"

"Cris no. It would be embarrassing."

"James." Cristiano stared at me sternly.

I sighed, "Let her have her friends, even if they are boys."

"That's the spirit." He ruffled my hair, and left for the locker room.

I looked back on the field to see Scarlet coming towards me. "Hey James! I'm sorry you couldn't play today, who knows maybe you and I could've scored and assisted each other the whole game." She laughed.

"We will just have to wait and see." I winked at her, hoping I wasn't coming off too flirty. "What's that?" I pointed towards her hand.

"Oh it's just Antoine's jersey. I switched with him just a few minutes ago actually."

"Don't go switching teams on me now Scar."

"I wouldn't ever, promise." She held out her pinky finger. "As long as you don't either.

I stuck my finger out, "Promise."

Authors Note;
THANK YOU FOR 700 READS!!! I went to bed at around 500 and woke up did some of my homework and now have 700! I honestly can't thank you guys enough. Question; If I were to write another book, who would you like it to be about? Please don't say Neymar, he has too many, and I think a lot of people are sick of books about him ((Me)).

Don't forget to comment and vote!