Chapter 24 || Fake Date

Scarlet's Point of View:

"You." James looked me in the eyes.

I felt my heart beat quicken at his words, "I think you are one of the most, if not, the most, handsome players on our team. In La Liga even." I confessed.

"Well then maybe," He paused to lick his lips, "We should fake date, and make people think we are dating, so then we are the most beautiful people combined into one."

'Maybe it could be real.' I thought, but instead I jumped up, and grabbed his hand. "Lets do it."

We went back inside, holding hands. Cristiano noticed, and smiled at us, running over. He slapped James on the back. "Finally! I was waiting so long for you to ask her out!"

James just smiled while reaching for his keys with his other hand, "I think we are gonna go home now, you know, get ready for training tomorrow. I am sure Carlo doesn't want the entire team drunk."

//

James had stayed at my house, and I decided it would be nice of me to make him a breakfast. I was making scrambled eggs, which he should die over, because the grease burnt my arms millions of times, cinnamon rolls, and to make him feel more at home, I went all out, and bought Colombia coffee. I was brewing the coffee as he woke up. "Making your boyfriend food already? I am actually honored." James ran a hand through his bed hair.

I looked up from the full cup as I set it on the table, "You look really hot." I blurted out, but who could argue? They obviously never saw him straight away in the morning.

James' cheeks reddened, "Thanks." He sat down at the table and began eating his food.

//

THREE WEEKS LATER

The match with Valencia had just ended, and we lost 4-2. I was lying on the ground, my back to the sky, I angrily pounded my fists into the ground, and got up, realizing that nearly everyone had left minutes ago. Nearly everyone. "What are you doing here?" I frowned in confusion.

He pushed himself off his seat, "I heard you and James and dating." his voice trailed off. "How is he? Better than I was?" Marc's green eyes looked into mine.

"He is perfect, unlike you."