𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇 | 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹

.・゜゜・——— YOUNG GOD !

                           IF REGINA WAS ANYTHING, she was impatient

IF REGINA WAS ANYTHING, she was impatient. She was clearly her fathers daughter, which made her feel genuinely sick to her stomach. While waiting for Percy to clean the stables of hell, the rest of the gang were stuck in the main shed, waiting and waiting. It was like Regina could feel every minute go by.

Her head was rested against the wood of the shed walls, slumped down on a crate. Her eyes flickered up again and connected with the brooding black haired goth boy sitting opposite her. She watched as he flicked his painted nails against his silver rings that stacked on his fingers, some kind of nervous tic he seemed to pick up. She was confused as to how some eleven year-old sleep deprived emo could be one of their biggest threats.

He eventually managed to catch her eye, his bushy eyebrows overcasting his dark eyes. He tried to look mean, forcing a glare in his eyes. But there was no evil behind them, no malicious intent, but just... sadness. He eventually dropped her gaze, and returned to tapping his rings.

She felt a presence of someone beside her, and she turned to face the person, who was looking back at her. He smiled, then rolled his eyes exaggeratedly. "I'm bored." He groaned. "Have you seen that dudes nails? Reckon he's got a nail kit somewhere on him? My nails have never looked so damaged, it's embarrassing."

"Wow, you're definitely an Aphrodite kid." Regina chuckled, resting her head on his shoulder. She could sleep right now she was so comfortable, but she had to stay awake in case Percy was in trouble. She watched as Grover nervously chewed on soda cans, Annabeth glanced over at the shed sketches and Tyson slept. "Do you ever worry?"

Thomas raised an eyebrow. "About what?"

"Who's going to make it back alive." She answered, her arms running against his. "Only three should go on a quest. There's six — well, now seven of us."

A long silence followed before Thomas spoke. "I'm not worried. I've always been an optimistic person. We'll make it out alive. All of us."

This made Regina almost roll her eyes at his foolishness, but she restrained from doing so, because he was the only friend she basically had at this point. "But don't you think you need to be, I don't know, more realistic?"

"I should be, but what's the point in that?" He said, shaking his head. "We reply on hope, even when we know deep down it's not going to go how we want it to. I'd rather spend my time being hopeful and than worrying."

And as if on cue, Geryon clapped his hands and showed them the opened box he was holding in his hand. Inside were thick ropes and cloths, almost bandana-like. "Time to gather up, kids."