A Different Kind Of Unexpected Guest

Time didn't seem to go by quickly. Adam stared at the intruders in his home, and the intruders stared at Adam (and his lampshade weapon) cautiously.

Man, can't this be over already? 

Unfortunately for both parties, it can't.

The supposed 'animal deity', Kagerou, stepped forward.

"Calm down, mister. Kagerou and the others are not here to hurt you!" she said. Adam raised a brow. Like that's gonna reassure him, he barely even knows if any of them have a weapon! And by just looking at the other guy in the room, it was going to be a worthless fight.

"She's right, you know. None of us here have any weapons that can do real damage to you. Stop being worried," one of the formal-toned women said.

"...And how can I trust that?"

You FOOL! Didn't every adult tell you in your childhood that you should never talk to strangers!?

"Well, Kagerou sure doesn't have anything that might hurt you,"

"And we also have no idea what's going on here, as much as you do,"

...They did seem to be unarmed... And pretty vulnerable seeing they didn't seem to notice Adam's presence...

That'll take a little bit more convincing then that, however.

"Give me one- no, TWO pieces of evidence that you're unarmed,"

They all seem to sigh, but none as hard as Kagerou and a purple-dressed girl.

"One, we barely have anything to store with us. We have nothing but the clothes on our back. Two, do you see anything that even vaguely resembles a weapon?"

She made a good point there.

But being the overly cautious and perhaps a little (lot) stubborn man he is, Adam didn't let his guard down. Too much, at least.

"Fine. But! There's still one more thing that I need you guys to do for me,"

"Ghouls of the Ghosted Grave, hear my plea for patience... What is it, you skeptical oaf?"

In the most deadpan voice he could muster, Adam made sure to get his point across clearly.

"Empty your pockets,"

'Ghouls of the Ghosted Grave, hear my plea for patience?' What kind of curse- Wait, what did she just call me!?

One by one, each one of the strangers pulled out their pockets to show that really held nothing, or patted themselves to show that they weren't a threat.

"Is this cautionary procedure over now? I am sure that the rest of us would cherish the lack of questions," the other twin-tailed woman, the one with the floating hair ties, spoke up.

Adam took a good glance around the others, seeing them tense up under his gaze.

"Yeah, I think we're done,'

All of them let out a breath of relief.

"Finally! Kagerou can relax~"

She wiggled in her spot, holding her hands to her cheeks and squished them. Her lips turned to duck lips as well. The one who called her an 'animal deity', (who had looked to be clothed in clouds- even her space bun hair resembled them!) giggled.

"Is this a sort of tradition for newcomers on the land? I've never seen anything like it!"

Okay, this lady has been either playing the dumb one, or she's genuinely unaware of security customs.

"For some places, yes. But in any case, shouldn't we be moving on to explaining how we got here?"

Hold on a minute...

"What do you mean, 'how you got here'? Didn't you break in..?"

"Fortunately for you, no. Unfortunately for us, no."

Wait, then how the hell did they all get here?