14. Changed

When I realize it's me screaming, I stop, voice suddenly caught in my throat. Before I can even take a step toward Erin, Castiel and Gabriel appear at her side.

I can see Erin smoking, and as I begin my clumsy stumbling toward her, I can smell it. The smell of burnt skin and hair.

I fall at her feet, unknowing of what to do. Castiel reaches out to touch her forehead, possibly to attempt to heal her, but Gabriel seizes his wrist, stopping him from actually making contact.

I glare at Gabe, looking for the words to accuse him of not wanting to help, but my thoughts are interrupted by his words.

"Look." Gabriel commands. Cautiously shifting my eyes to Erin, lo and behold, she's glowing. Like actually glowing. Radiating a steady light from her epidermis!

Erin's skin begins to glow stronger, getting brighter with each second.

Sam and Dean back up quickly, Gabriel waving everyone back. I stay frozen at her feet, just watching her, ignoring my burning eyes. Dean breaks his gaze from Erin and fixes it on me, quickly realizing he needed to get me out of the way.

Dean rushing to me, Castiel beats him to the rescue, grabbing my arms to move me. I blink, and the next thing I know I'm 100 yards away with Castiel blocking my eyes.

At first I try to fight him off, but then break out of my daze and realize how pointless it is to even attempt to push off this angel of the Lord.

Even with Castiel shielding me from the light, I can still kind of see it, like when you have a light on but you close your eyes, and it's like the inside of your eyelids are glowing. It's in that sense that I can tell Erin became brighter than I could've ever imagined, but I wasn't worried nor did I panic. Instead, a wave of peace passed over me, and by the way Castiel relaxed it had affected him as well.

Not suddenly, but faster than it came the glowing went, and when it was gone Castiel backed away slowly, as if to let me up without letting me get closer to Erin.

I peer around Castiel, who had turned to observe Erin without completely moving out of my way, but enough so I can see her.

So still.

So quiet.

So...peaceful.

As if in waiting for something to happen, everyone and everything seems to have stilled, so much so that the silence is deafening.

Then suddenly...

Her eyes open.

~*~*~

ERIN

Do I smell something burning?

Is that me?

Before I can even think to check, I feel a tingling sensation, followed by a bright light.

As the light gets stronger, so does the odd sensation. I try to move, hoping it will help to get up or something. Instead I find I have no control over my body.

Oh my God, am I paralyzed?

No, if I were paralyzed I wouldn't feel this sudden burning. Would I?

With the light becoming unbearably bright, and the tingling having turned into burning, I try to scream. I've never tried so hard to scream in my entire life!

Why won't this fire stop? STOP! Please God, put out the fire!

Then, as if God were answering my prayers, the burning ceases and the brilliantly bright light dulls.

The storm in my mind seems to calm, allowing me to notice the stillness of the world around me, outside my thoughts.

Afraid of what is waiting for me, I cautiously attempt to open my eyes, only managing a slow flutter. I hear several gasps as I give my best effort to sit up, receiving unexpected help within seconds.

After my eyelids finally stop fluttering uncontrollably, I begin to perceive my surroundings, yet again.

But this time it's different.

It's like I'm seeing for the first time. Like really seeing.

I can see everything. I see that lady bug on a leaf 20 yards away. I see every strand of hair on Alex's head. I can see colors.

More specifically, auras.

Yeah, I think that's what it is. Or maybe...souls? I can actually view someone's soul just by looking at them?

Alex. Wow, your light is beautiful! it's so bright, it's almost white. Beige I think?

To her left I see a man with short, light brown hair, almost blonde. He's looking at me with the fiercest, kind hazel eyes I have ever seen.

So colorful. Reds, blues, greens, purples, even a bit of pink! You're a strong heart, but you've been through so much. You're healing, and that fading black, now gray, stain is proof of that.

Looking further to my right, there's another man. This one is much taller, with long, dark brown hair and concerned eyes, too far away to see what color.

You're...murky. Many colors in common with the other one, but not as bright. Unsure, perhaps? Confused? Conflicted? Stained as well, smaller but not fading.

Continuing my scan of the people around me, I look to my left, and I have to squint to see the two other men because of how bright they are. Although, it's a different kind of bright than Alexandra. It's more of a glow, encompassing their entire forms.

So many colors! Agh, it's making me too dizzy. Too many auras. Why are all these grown men here? What's going on, Alex?

Apparently I was speaking my thoughts aloud because next thing I know, everyone takes two steps back.

"Erin, please calm down." Alex tries to ease my panic, but I panic worse because I just realized I was speaking out loud. And everything is so different, so loud.

"It's too bright, too loud, too smelly, and why is everyone touching me?!"

The blue eyed man in the trench coat takes a step towards me, seemingly protective and concerned about the safety of Alex because of where he moved to. Slightly in front of her. "Erin, no one is touching you." He speaks in a gravelly voice. "My name is Castiel, I am an angel of the Lord, and I am here to help you. Please, allow me to escort you away from the humans who cannot heal as easily as us?"

Nodding wearily, I let him take hold of my arm, his hand only gently holding. Castiel manages to get me a couple yards away before I realize what he said.

I stop in my tracks and turn to face him. "Wait a minute. Why did you call them humans, as if they are different from me? "

"Because they are different from you. Now." Castiel begins to explain, seeming to tread carefully. "You have been changed. You are a new being, your old human self is no longer human, for it has been transformed into the Angel of Heaven whom which stands before me now."

"Hold up. What?" I ask.

Then he explains.

~*~*~

A/N

HAY GUIS

I MISSED YOU SO MUCH

IT'S BEEN SO DEPRESSING

I swear Charlie is my spirit animal. We both even had Carpal Tunnal. I was even cured by angels! Or as mundanes might call them, 'physical therapists.'

My hands still have a ways to go before I'm 100%, and I have to continue exercises to keep them from hurting again, but I'm actually able to do stuff again!!!

I love all the comments I recieved while on hellatus, and I hope to dedicate a chapter to many, if not all of my commenters!

(This one's for @Jays_the_name)

Thank you soooo much

ILYSM TTYL BYE

~Cheeze-It's and imitation crab meat (YUM)