Chapter 5: Getting to know

After forcibly drinking a glass of watery lemonade with the old man, Vegeta set his glass on the small wooden table. When he stood up Syrah the little six year old feisty fighter stood before the brute Saiyan. Full of confidence he pounded his knuckles together "I want a new match". Vegeta sniffed for a moment "that wasn't a match, that was a mouse under a rhinoceros's foot". The little boy looked angry "you underestimate my strength Saiyan".

The warrior began to laugh loudly "okay I'll make it up to you. I put a hand behind my back and I keep my eyes closed". Syrah became angrier "you are not taking me seriously, I am a warrior like you". Vegeta rolled his eyes "fine, but don't cry when I hit you". The kid flew at him, Vegeta didn't dodge him and caught his small fist in his hand. The Saiyan pushed Syrah away and yelled "one more time, you can do better".

It wasn't that the orphan boy was giving him a hard time, but somewhere his determination reminded him of himself. Syrah clearly wasn't giving up and when he wanted to attack again Vegeta called him to a halt. The Saiyan prince walked up to the little boy and came to stand beside him. "Kid stand like this" said Vegeta and Syrah copied the Saiyan. Vegeta walked back to his spot "again" he called out.

Meanwhile, a group of orphans had circled around the two. With loud cheers and clapping, the children watched. Until a bell rang, the children shouted disapproving noises for a moment but when the old man entered the circle the children walked silently inside. "Ah can't I have just one more minute father Fandell?" But a woman's voice suddenly spoke to him "real fighters take their rest your body becomes stronger than, you'll get your rematch soon squirt". With a happy face Syrah ran inside, Vino sighed "you gave him the day of his life".

Vegeta didn't feel like having this conversation, it wasn't that he was doing this out of the goodness of his heart or anything. "Hey prince, just how did you wind up here anyway?" said Vino suddenly in a teasing tone. He felt caught, but didn't want to show it. Again he ignored her, she was getting on his nerves but suddenly felt a hand in his. "Ok you don't feel like talking, fine. I was on my way to some uh distraction. Are you coming?"

The prince and the captain stared at each other, cautiously Vegeta asked "what distraction?" Mischievously Vino looked at him, she was clearly not angry anymore. She walked backwards and turned around "maybe I'll dance, maybe I'll fight who knows". Vegeta growled a little, this girl is going to drive him insane one day, but still he was curious and shaking his head he walked behind her. He didn't know where they would end up, but his hunch said it couldn't be boring.

Meanwhile in the castle Raditz held his comrade up against a wall "hurry up with that key man, Nappa isn't exactly getting any lighter". Malbec meanwhile pushed open the door and caught Nappa who again slumped drunkenly to the ground. The men dragged the big Saiyan inside and threw him on the bed. Satisfied, the men gave each other a fist box and walked out of the bedroom. "Wow that stunk in there man" joked Malbec. Raditz laughed sheepishly.

As the men walked away Malbec nudged Raditz with his hip for a moment "now we've earned a drink what do you say?" Raditz looked aside and swung his tail back and forth for a moment "back to the tavern then?" Malbec shook no "follow me, I have some good stuff in my room. You won't find that in just any tavern". Raditz looked ahead again, somewhere it felt more relaxing to be alone with him. Malbec was always so easy going and seems to see him as an equal rather than a low er class warrior. Raditz smiled "ok ay lead the way".

Arriving in a distant wing of the castle, Malbec pushed open a door. "Come in, it's not much but home sweet home" Malbec said elegantly as the Saiyan stepped into the room. The place was simple but it felt kind of homey. Raditz walked into the room and leaned against a high table, he watched as his new friend pulled a bottle of wine from a rack. He poured two glasses and handed and one to the Saiyan. Silently the men hung side by side against the table.