Part 3

The next morning Erin and her team was up bright and early. Erin had to call in another favor, she was wasn't ready for her kids to be introduced just yet. She called Annie, it was a last resort and fortunately she didn't have to work. Erin and her team set off and headed to the district. Today was the day they would decrypt the drive and hopefully find the proof they needed.

When they arrived at the district the Intelligence team was already there. Everyone split and went to the partners they were assigned to. When Erin walked across the room to Kim's desk, she noticed how Adam and Kevin was looking at her. Adam looked at her as if he wanted to ask her a question but he backed down.

"If you have something to say to me Adam, go ahead and say it?"

"Trust me there's a lot to say to you, but we have a case to close."

"You might as well say it now, cause I'm over walking on egg shells around y'all."

"We saw you last night, who were you with. What were y'all caring, cause it didn't look light?"

"That's none of your business."

"Wow, so what you just show up out the blue and what we're supposed to throw you a welcome back party!"

"Trust when I say I didn't wanna come back here. Chicago is my home but this is not my team, they are my team and my family now. Y'all can hate me for leaving, but I don't care anymore. Yes your mad that I left Jay, but he left first. Do you think it was easy leaving the people I once considered my family. He had all of you to fall on when shit hit the fan, I was forced to take a deal and had to grow tf up quick. I couldn't fall apart, I had two....."

"Erin, you don't have to explain it. Just stop, they won't understand."

That's when Jay stepped forward "no, finish what you were about to say. We want to hear how it was so hard for you to walk away from all of us without saying goodbye."

"I..l..."

"Alright listen up, we're going on decrypt the drive. Special Agent Ramirez has some IDs that need to be checked."

"Erin, he's here can you go grab him?"

"He's knows his way around the building."

Adam turned around and said "great who else are they bringing in?"

Erin went down stairs to grab him and bring him up. They were talking to each other when they walked up the stairs. Everyone from Intelligence froze when they saw him.

"Hey guys!"

"What are you doing here? I thought you went back."

"I did go back but I was recruited again. I'm an agent now, I work as a IT Agent for the FBI."

"I don't understand, why didn't you come back here. This is your home."

"Yea Chicago is my home, your always gonna be my brother but things changed."

"How were you recruited for the FBI?"

"I recruited him, I only wanted the best on my team so that's what I got."

"Er, where's the drive at?"

When Mouse said that, Jay felt his world shift. That's what he used to call her, and now his best friend is calling her the nickname he gave her. Hailey noticed that his mood changed, but she didn't want to bring it up right now.

Erin handed the drive over to mouse and Ramirez handed the IDs over to the team so they could start finding locations.

After some time mouse finally decrypted the drive, they now had the evidence they needed for their case against Hank and Hailey.