Part 6

"How do you know that?"

"I found out I was pregnant before you packed your things, and walked out the apartment. When I got to New York I went to the doctors to confirm it and they did. I tried to come home but i couldn't."

"So you're telling I have 2 kids?"

"Yes Basically, Justin and Nadia are your kids."

"I've been around you every day since you got out the hospital, why didn't you tell me then?"

"How do you tell the man you gave your heart to, that he's a dad and he's missed 6 years of his kids life. I couldn't and I didn't know how you would react, or if you wanted them or not. So I did my best and spared myself the heartbreak and pain."

"Didn't want them, Erin I wanted it all with you. I wanted kids, and a dog with you. I wanted to retire in Wisconsin at my grandparents cabin. I wanted to grow old with you but you left."

"I had no choice Jay, I had lost everything. What was I suppose to do?"

" you didn't lose everything you still had me!"

"If I had you, you wouldn't have left. So, no jay I didn't have you."

"Can I at least meet them?"

"I'm heading back to the hotel now, you can either follow me or go with me."

"Umm, I can go with you."

"Jay, your gonna act like she just didn't allow Hank and your fiancé get arrested?"

"That was not my fault, and Hank will be charged with accessory to commit murder. Hailey on the hand has 2 counts of murder, she was the one that pulled the trigger that killed Roy. Hank just got rid of the body. So, are you gonna blame me for that too."

"Erin you knew and didn't tell us."

"I didn't tell y'all because of my kids, I didn't want them involved with this. I was told I had no choice in this case, I had to do my part and not interfere or I was gonna get arrested. My kids only have me, so I did what I was asked to do. Do I regret it, no I don't. Hank and Hailey made their beds now they have to lay in it.

With that Erin turned around and left. Jay followed behind her and headed out to. He wasn't done with his conversation with Erin but he really wanted to meet his kids. The vibes in the car were off, and anxiety and nervousness was just rolling off of her skin. Jay felt bad because he was part to blame for her feeling like this. He put his hand on her shoulder and apologized for his behavior.

"Er Listen, I just wanna say sorry. I know this is causing you a lot stress and your still trying to heal and I'm not helping. It's also my own fault that my kids grew up without me, if I hadn't left I would've known. Is that why you didn't drink at my birthday celebration that night at Molly's?"

"It's okay and yes, that was one of the reasons. After that case I wasn't in a good mental space. I wanted to tell you on your birthday but everything happened. That's why I couldn't build the courage up to tell you. I hated that you missed everything, and that was my biggest regret not telling you. Just don't be angry with, they really love you Jay."

"Hey, don't worry about that. Their our kids I will love them no matter what. So I remember you telling me Justin is like his dad, so he's more like me and Nadia is more like you."

"Yea, he's quiet but very mighty. He very smart, super caring and one of the nicest kids you'll ever meet. Then there's his hell fire sister ready to kick anyones ass that messes with her brother. You have no idea how many times me and mouse have had to pick your daughter up from school because she was fighting."