Please dont take him

"Kam!!!" I hear someone yell from downstairs.

"What?" I ask as I jump into the elevator, that's right, I said elevator.

When I got down to the ground floor I saw Mary looking out our huge oval window in the side of our house...the same side that faces Brandon's house.

"What?" I ask again patiently even though I was dying to know what was going on.

Mary turns around, her face is as grey as an ashtray and her eyes are bugging out of her pudgy little head.

"Br-br- just- loo-ooo-ok" she stammers and I rush to the window to see what the big deal is.

There is a red ambulance outside Brans house.

'Oh my gosh!' I think as I run down the narrow hallway to our huge French doors.

I swing them open and keep running.

I'm running almost full speed to get to the end of our sidewalk to unlock the gate.

Just as I reach for the latch I see Brandon being hauled out of the house on a gurney.

Instead of continuing over I jump in my car.

My chest hurts so bad.

I feel like there is a hole in my lungs or something.

I can't breath.

I look over to see Linda crying on the porch as she stumbles to her car.

Her body is racking with sobs, and she is barely walking.

I back out of the drive way and up on her lawn.

"Linda, I'm going to the hospital...would you maybe...uh....like a ride?" I ask in the most polite manner possible.

She says nothing as she climbs into my car.

I honestly don't even remember the ride to the hospital.

All I can think is how I will never recover if I lose him.

He is my life now, I love him, 'please' I pray, 'please don't take him'.