Palpitations

"Flip, flip, flip," I called to Jake as he scanned through the channels.

Jake haven't left my side once, and he was taking great care of Joseph while I was sick.

I cannot believe that Jake has been gone for a whole year.

It seems like he never left, and I can't imagine being without him again.

"Kam, we just flipped brought all of the channels, and you didn't want to watch any of them." Jake chuckled and laid next to me.

"Can we watch The Goonies?" I asked. Jake got the biggest smile on his face, it was kind of adorable, wait what?

No, Jake is our best friend, nothing more...right?

He popped in the disc and laid down beside me on the hospital bed again. They wouldn't let me go home...apparently part of the reason I went into a coma was because my heartbeat is too uneven, it's either way too fast or barely pumping.

When I fell my heart faltered and now they have to give me a pacemaker.

It will help regulate my heartbeat.

"I love this movie!" Jake says, he reaches over and grabs my hand.

Butterflies, my stomach was filled with thousands and thousands of butterflies.

I wouldn't even be surprised if I passed out again because my heart was beating too fast!

Palpitating that what it's called!

My heart is palpitating!!!

"Jake...what are you doing?" I asked, trying to make my voice sound steady.

"Ahem...I can come back...or..." He said

"Brandon...uh...hi..." I stutter.

"Who is this?" Asked Jake, pulling me closer to his side, not that I'm complaining of course...

"It okay Jake, you should go, I uh, have to talk to Brandon..." I said

"I'll just wait outside..." Jake says, he gets up and before he walks out, kisses me on the forehead.

Geez, he is going to kill me if he keeps this up, I don't know if my heart can keep up!

"Who is that?!?!" Brandon asks pissed,

"My best friend Jake," I say, "anyways, what's up?" I ask as he takes a seat on my bed.

"I heard you were in the hospital and I was so worried, I would have come sooner, but some fluids got in my lungs and I had to be admitted to the ICU." He explains.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" I ask, genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, it happens all the time, how are you doing?" He asked looking around at all my machines.

"Just dandy," I say sarcastically, looking around the room, "they won't let me out until they're sure my heart will stay stable and at this rate...I may never get out...

"Listen, the thing is...I uh-"

"Hey uh, the doc says Kam needs to get some sleep for her check up tomorrow." Jake says coldly.

"Uh, yeah, I'll see you around Kam..." Bran says, he smiles at me an walks out.

"I love you Kam," Jake says.

"I love you too Jake." I smiled.