Chapter 8

Phil leaves the house for a bit, learning a bit more about Kristin and Technoblade in the process.

TWs: Swearing

"Don't worry everyone, the great Tommy is back!" Tommy exclaimed, throwing his arms up as he entered the room.

"Took you long enough just to piss," Technoblade grumbled, earning a snicker from Wilbur.

"What the fuck do you have to say, Wilbur?" Tommy sneered, directing his attention to his oldest brother.

"Nothing, piss-boy," Wilbur teased him. Tommy let out a huff at the name, flopping onto the couch with his arms crossed, mumbling to himself.

"Alright, enough boys. Let's keep this story moving," Phil interrupted them, sending a small glare Wilbur's way.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok so I've got balloons, streamers, party plates and napkins, and ice cream on my list. That's all, right?" Phil asked, tapping his pencil on the yellow notepad in his hand as he glanced over to his mother.

"Phil, the cake," his mother reminded him.

"Oh shit, the cake! How could I forget the cake!" Phil cursed as he quickly scribbled down a new addition to his list. His mother giggled at him, amazed that he's made it this far.

"Goodness Phil, I'm surprised it's taken you this long to leave Wilbur somewhere!" his mother teased, drawing a red blush out of Phil's cheeks. "You remember where I told you to get it?"

"Um, that new bakery in town, yeah? Isn't it called like Noelle's or Nina's or something?" Phil asked as he searched for his car keys on the counter.

"Niki's," his mother corrected, shaking her head at him playfully as she watched him search the countertop.

"Niki's, yeah," Phil muttered, finally spotting his keys on the end of the counter. "I promise I won't be gone long; I feel bad leaving you with Techno and all."

"Oh, stop worrying love, he'll be fine! He's already got your dad playing that old game of yours," his mother told him, motioning towards the living room. Phil peaked through the doorway to see his father and Technoblade sat side-by-side on the couch, eyes focused on the TV. Their fingers flew wildly over the controllers, moving their characters across the screen as swords were swung and various items were thrown about. Phil watched the screen intently as Technoblade's character swung his sword at his father's character, depleting the rest of his health as he crumbled to the ground in defeat. Soft mumblings came from his dad, who, showing by the scores highlighted on the screen, has lost every match up until this point. A small triumphant smile crossed Technoblade's lips, one he tried to hide as he reassured Phil's father that he was close that match, although Technoblade's health was no less than half drained.

Phil giggled at the scene, drawing the attention of the two on the couch towards him. "I'm gonna head out for a bit; I've gotta go pick up a couple of things for the party tomorrow," Phil said. "Tech, I'm sure you'll be good for my parents, but do you think you can let dad win a few?" he joked. Technoblade stifled his giggles into his hand as Phil's dad glared at his son, mouthing a "piss off" his way.

"Alright, alright, start the next round," Phil's dad grumbled, picking up the controller once more with a huff. Technoblade gave Phil a soft wave before turning his attention back to the TV, immediately swinging a punch at the other character as soon as the round started. Phil snickered at this as he opened the front door, holding back a loud laugh when he heard a string of soft curses leave his father's mouth.

As Phil walked downtown, he admired the old brick storefronts that lined the main street. He recognized a few; an old toy shop he used to go to when he was younger, the family-run deli that had the best sandwiches, the boutique with countless mannequins in the windows adorning flowery dresses and big floppy hats. He sighed as he walked past, old memories of his hometown flooding his mind.