CHAPTER 23

When my parents saw Chaeyoung, they freaked out.

Dad: Why did you bring her here?!? Right after the proposal we weren't aware of! Do you not have any shame?

Mom: We won't accept this-this disgusting girl in our life!

Here we go.

Mina: If you even took an effort to get to know Chaeyoung, you would like her!

Mom: She won't take care of you like how every normal couple would take care of each other!

Normal? Now she's saying "normal"?!

Sana: And what do you mean by normal?

There was a long silence after.

Mom: By no-normal, I meant not like you two.

Chaeyoung: What? Same gender? I don't think that's nice to say-

Dad: Shut up! It's none of your business to get involved!

Chaeyoung: I'm here to support Mina because it seems like every time you talk to her, she's always upset. I hate seeing her like that every time she's with you two.

I could see the rage in Dad's eyes, I never saw him this angry before. He stormed towards Chaeyoung and I immediately tensed up. Control yourself, Mina. Chaeyoung and Dad glared at each other.

Dad: And who asked you to be with our daughter? She's not like you. She's not gay-

Chaeyoung: You wouldn't know because you were busy keeping secrets from her.

Holy shit, Chaeng. Nobody has ever talked to Dad like that. Before anything else happened, Aunty Nayeon intervened.

A.N: Okay, let's just calm down, let's talk without throwing hands at each other for once.

Chaeyoung stepped back and let out a small grin.

Chaeyoung has a death wish. Before anyone could say anything, Dad lunged at Chaeng and they went down. Dad punched her as hard as he could and I could hear the amount of impact there was in the punch. At that moment, I wasn't thinking. I have to do something! I could see blood flying everywhere.

Dad: Wipe that stupid fucking grin off your face!

Momo: Hey, stop that!

Momo tried to pull him away from Chaeyoung but he pushed her off easily. I'm going insane... Sana and Momo tried to pull him off together but nothing seemed to work. Tick-tock, tick-tock. This. Needs. To. Stop.

Something in me snapped. I grabbed my Dad by his neck and held him in a chokehold. I saw Chaeyoung's face, it was bleeding badly. She got knocked out cold. Seeing her like that, I became angrier. Dad tried to get out of my hold but I was too strong. This time, it's your turn to have a taste of your own medicine.

I threw him to the ground.

A.N: Mina, stop!

I ignore her. Mom tried to stop me but Momo held her back. Aunty Nayeon knows that when I'm angry, I would take out my anger on everybody, so she doesn't even try to step in, she can only watch and say useless shit that she knows won't stop me.

Mina: You.

I got on top of him and punched him.

Mina: Don't.

Punched him harder.

Mina: Lay a finger.

Punched him again. Blood flies everywhere.