The Sheriff

A tall man came out of the car. His silhouette immediately popped out as soon as the car halted roughly at the exact moment when I lost my balance. I can't see him clearly since my contacts seemed to be a little bit jammed up when I fell. I tried my best to blink and simultaneously roll my eyeballs as I get it back to place.

The man continued walking towards my direction. I'm glad that the lights of the bus were still fully functional as I get to see my glint of hope. Wearing a distinct white long sleeve shirt beneath a leather jacket I can see his well-maintained body structure. From a distance I can already see his sense of composure and his aura which magnifies protection. His footsteps are inaudible even if I can see him hurriedly planting them on the ground while he ran as fast as he could to aid me with my clumsiness. His big strong hands grabbed me with care as soon as he reached the spot where I fell and with a hoarse voice he asked.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere? Oh! You cut your elbow. You're bleeding! Let me take you to the hospital."

I am still shocked with my fall but I am more surprised on how he spoke with such form of concern. I can tell by the tone of his voice. He sounded worried sick about it and I am totally puzzled until I am able to regain my sense of speech.

"Wait!" I exclaimed and tried to withdraw my arms from his grip as I gave him a very perplexed look.

He was flustered for a while. He looked blankly at me and suddenly flushed red. I frowned as I looked at him who's now sheepishly smiling at me with absolute embarrassment.

"You see Kris, your bus stopped even before it can reach Sylfaen because something went wrong with the engine. It is a good thing that it was only meters away from our town. As soon as the driver reported about it, passengers transferred on the spare vehicle and you were left here because they didn't notice you were still sleeping at the back. Uncle Haru looked for you because he said you had his snapback and he needs it back." He said quickly.

I can't be mistaken. I heard him say my name. NO, technically he addressed me by my nickname. I stared at him struck frozen and still can't believe the fact that this is really happening. He is one of them. I lost my ability to blink as I surveyed his perfect face. His puppy hair is a good compliment for his gorgeous physic. It concealed his masculinity a bit for him not to appear too overwhelming. If only he's not wearing those mushy pyjama pants.

He crossed his long legs awkwardly as soon as he noticed me watching his fashion sense. It is no big deal at all. From my personal point of view, he can run all over the town just wearing a garbage bag and will still manage to look good even so. His face, though handsome has a comic impression that made me chuckle as soon I caught him looking at me with a puzzled face.

"Kris, I think we should go now. I should remind you that you are bleeding and it is getting late." He is firm with his words yet still warm like an older brother.

I nodded and he rushed inside the bus to take all my belongings that I left and escorted me readily to the police car. He even fastened my seatbelt for me since I cut my elbow pretty deep. Now I can feel that gush of pain. As I twitched to find a more comfortable position, he adjusted the warmer and he helped me lean my chair too.

While I am looking at him oddly, he let go in an instant and faced to the opposite direction. With a shy voice he stuttered as he spoke,

"I'm.. I am this town's Sheriff. Sorry for my late introduction. I got distracted when I saw you fell. I'm Junjin by the way. It's been a long time. I guess it's hard for you to remember."

The engines of the car came to life as he stepped on the gasoline and we started moving forward swiftly.

"Nice to meet you Junjin." I muttered. I still can't believe I'll meet one of them as soon as I get here. This is a very peculiar coincidence. Strange.