Unknown Debt

"Thank you for letting me know Andy. I think I can understand better now. I really appreciate all of your support and yes – your time to visit me." I sincerely told him.

"It's my pleasure." He said and he smiled at me just the way he did the first time I saw him in the hospital. Now I can relate better the way they treated me. Now, the gap is comprehendible and I thought to myself that I owe a lot from these people.

It was then when I remembered, THE DEBT! What could it be? I can't even think of any tangible thing that can be priceless. Is it this pen that I am using or anything else that we shared together in the middle of my lost memories? I will put a note on it first.

A lot of things happened today that made me feel so exhausted. Everything went so fast and I don't know if it is better or not. At this rate, I cannot even think of my company duties. My mind is occupied with all the information that I received and I am not even satisfied with all of it yet. I am emotionally fatigued. This game turned out to be more of a healing process than the torture that I anticipated.

"By the way Kris, I asked Laura if she can buy some ingredients for dinner. I decided to cook something nice for you and eat together. I also invited Minwoo if you don't mind." He said while showing me the screen of his phone displaying a message sent to the designer to come over for dinner.

"Of course that'll be good." Imagining Minwoo's smiling face made me feel a lot better. He's a very cheerful guy and his presence makes me feel that everything will be okay. I really hope I get to know them more. Like what Andy and the birds did today, I am also rooting for the fact that the remaining three people will start to uncover certain memories about us that I've lost unintentionally 17 years ago.

Laura came in just in time while Andy is teaching me how to fold the paper to create a crane origami – yes just like what he did every month. He was so patient in explaining every detail of it, and his gentle voice is so clear that I'd wanted to hear him speak more than he should.

He left me practicing on the kitchen's dining table and immediately proceeded in preparing the ingredients for his recipe. Andy was very swift and precise on what he is doing and from a distance I can already tell that I'll be pigging out soon because of the mouth-watering scent of his dish.

Minwoo just popped on the kitchen's door holding a cake's box on his hands.

"Dessert?" he smiled like a kid and put it inside the refrigerator. The pictures reflected the way they moved around the Villa treating it like their own home. Andy knew exactly where to find the condiments that he needs and Minwoo casually seats on the chair like he is already part of the household.

"So how did it go with the birds? Hehehe.. Hyesung stopped by at my boutique to deliver excess Kimbap for lunch before he went here." Minwoo asked while showing me a picture on his phone. It was identical to the food that we ate at the beach.

"The seashore was beautiful! It was like a paradise actually. I never thought that there could be a place like that here in Sylfaen." And while saying that, I remembered my phone.

I haven't charged it yet! I stood up and quickly ran to get it from my bag which was still on the couch. Of course its blank display is still as it is the last time it died.

Minwoo followed me to my room and watched me plug it to its charger.

"I took a video of them. I'll show it to you later when it comes back to life." I said with an excited voice.

He nodded his head in agreement. He roamed inside my room to look around. There is nothing much to see but he still find it fascinating in a way. He even nagged me to transfer all my clothes inside the closet instead of letting them rest inside my luggage. He said it will help make me feel that I am on a vacation instead of being just a part-time tourist in Sylfaen.