The Youngest

"Hey!" his voice sounded like a rescue in the middle of my mental breakdown. I looked up straight towards the house entrance and I saw Andy smiling back at me wearing a moss green wind breaker jacket with its zipper slightly pulled down revealing his white shirt inside while his jogging pants are rolled up to his knees.

He was holding something cupped in his hands. He went down our mini-stair case and asked me to open my hand towards him and he rested an orange paper crane on my palm. I looked at it and his face glow with amusement on my frowning expression.

"Cute isn't it? I made a smaller one for you. I hope you liked it." He said with his well-modulated speaking voice.

I can't still get a grip of what he is talking about when he pointed inside the house. He asked me to come nearer to him and as we reached the entrance, he looked at the ceiling and I just realized that it was the same with the colourful origami hanging alternately on the top of our heads.

"All of these. You made them." And I looked at him in awe.

Andy nodded his head. "Yes, all 204 of them. I promised you that I'll be hanging a crane every month until you come back. Every single one contained my messages to you all throughout those 17 years while you were gone. They are basically unsent letters that are floating above you right now."

I wanted to cry upon hearing it. I wanted to give Andy a hug but my body's resisting to do so. He stood by my side as he looked up at his letters. My emotions crumbled inside my chest because of the fact that I can't even remember a single thing about our friendship. He then caught me staring at him teary eyed and controlling my overwhelming emotions when I noticed a tear rolling down his baby cheeks as well.

He wrapped his right arm over my shoulder and squeezed my arms saying "Thank you for coming back. I always believed you'll appreciate them even if you will never remember." He wiped his tears in an instant and faced me looking at the paper crane on my hand.

"Thank you Andy for all of these." I told him with my emotionally inflicted voice and continued – "I'm not sure yet of what to think about all of these or how I deserved all of your hard work but something in my mind is telling me that all of you have known me all along. I wanted to know what really happened here between all of us but the agony of my lost memories tortures me the most."

"You shouldn't feel upset about it. It was never your fault in the first place." He said trying to comfort me but I am indeed hopeless with the blind side of the unknown twist of this mission.

"Kris, I'm sure you're getting confused right now with all the facts misplaced from one person to another. Come on, take a seat. I came here to let you know." He sat on the sofa with me and took a deep breath while gathering his thoughts.

He knew something about it. All this messed up equation. I thought it was just me but having him beside me and taking his time delivering this message to me is something that I really need. He just came at the right time when everything's falling apart inside my head.

Nana told me that they will know exactly three facts about me and the one with the most will tell me five trivial things which are entirely different from the rest given.

I slowly get to understand what's going on when Andy started to speak, "Dongwan didn't really know that you have asthma. Someone told him to bring you medicine for it because he's the one who knew about it. If Dongwan already knew about it first-hand, he must have given the inhaler to you since day 1."

What Andy said made sense.

"About the star-gazing activity, Hyesung tried to add it to your itinerary today. The original plan was for you guys to only have a picnic together that's why my surprise visit didn't work like how we originally planned it." He added.