Nana's Game

This was the first time I had a nightmare in my whole life. I usually can't remember what I dreamed of but this one, I wanted to figure it out. It was so short but appeared to be one of the longest dreadful scenes I have ever came into. My 25 years of existence bottled up with questions.

I shifted my head slowly to find a better angle to think. I was in cold sweat. I was trembling a while ago. I am sure about this feeling. I was scared briefly but I managed to recover. I can't help but to sit motionless.

Now that I realize it, I'm not even able to change my clothes. I was too tired. I even slept wearing the same thing after a long travel and random meet ups with the appointed chess pieces of my grandmother.

Clueless. I lied again having a fast memory rush rampage inside my brain, looking for that scene. No – I can't find it.

I tried to brush it away. It is totally non-sense to come back to that nightmare over and over again when in the first place it will just mess me up. I decided to wash up first. Marrying this bed became my priority earlier; now I think I should I wash up.

I can still feel the heaviness in my chest. Why did I feel so afraid? It made me sank into deep sadness that never existed in my heart. I wanted to cry but – why? I wanted to run to someone but I can't think of anyone. Nana? No. I unzipped my luggage and tried to look for nice thick clothes.

Andy was right. It's getting colder as the night progresses to its fullness. I got so disappointed to discover the obvious fact that I only have t-shirts and jeans packed. I am not into clothes. I always wore the same design that I am comfortable with. What make my closet full are those designs with varying colours or patterns. Shopping wastes my time when there is so much to do in the office.

But I have a lot of pull-overs at home and even thick wide hooded jackets. Why did I not bring them? Because it is summer and it's supposed to be hot 24/7. This place is so weird. I dug deeper and caught my black hoodie waiting for it to be summoned. It was my favourite. Since nobody knows me in this place, I thought to myself that I can wear it freely. If I wear this in the office all my staff will go nuts seeing their workaholic Company Director inside an oversized jacket with cat's ears designed on its hood.

My room has its own comfort room. Oh thank God I wouldn't need to disturb Laura for this matter. I got my toiletries container out of the front part of my luggage and went to take a bath with my towel swinging on my left hand. The doctor did a good job. He sealed the bandage properly and I think I won't have a hard time with it while washing up.

There was a warmer but every time water touches my skin, its combination with the wind-blown from the top mini window of the rest room gives me chills. I need to hurry up. I might catch cold if I stay here longer.

I went out in a hurry. My hair is still dripping but I don't care. I got to dress up faster because my whole body's starting to feel numb. What is wrong with this place? As soon as I'm able to get inside my pyjama, I wore my t-shirt and a topped it with my hoodie. My hair was wrapped with a mini towel that I found hanging in the comfort room. I wanted to thank Laura for being as thoughtful as that.

Washing-up made me feel awake. Now I think I won't be able to go back to sleep since I am originally an owl, a certified nocturnal being.

I took out my mission notebook. Ugh. Nana – she's the one to blame for this. I didn't even sign up for all this stuff. If only I could say NO to her that'll be great but I can't and I think I will never would.

Nana's the only person left to me. She brought me up by herself ever since my parents died in a tragic car accident when I was still young. I think it was too long ago I can't even remember their faces. I only have pictures of them but there were no photos with me in it.