The Designer

It was already 5 in the morning when I finished jotting everything down, it's a lot harder than expected since I'm right handed and my right elbow is still killing me. I decided to be faithful to Nana. She never played games with me without reasonable bargains. I know I will benefit from this too I just need to be more tolerant than before.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee made my stomach cry for hunger. My body instantly rose from my bed and followed its calling aroma. I opened the door and moved rushing with the lightest foot-steps that I can come up with.

I walked past the inviting sofa that welcomed me last night and went on the left wing of the house to savour my fondness to that desirable beverage which in my case – a quenching reliable source of extra energy. I found Laura stirring a cup of coffee on the kitchen's counter. She got surprised as she turned around and discovered my presence invading her silent morning ritual.

"Good morning Kris! Did you have a good sleep? I hope I didn't wake you up." She said as she put down the teaspoon on a resting plate beside the cup.

"Oh. No you did not. No worries. But to tell you honestly I did not sleep very well too. I had a very odd dream so I woke up sooner than I have expected. Can you probably give me a cup of coffee?" I asked her which almost sounded like I am so deprived from having caffeine. I just need it so badly.

She laughed at the sight of my weird craving. It was always amusing to a lot of people. I looked like a kid wanting it for the first time every morning no – almost all the time. I needed it in my circulation to be fully functional. Without it I think I will be a zombie.

I sat on the chair and pulled myself nearer to the table's edge. I rested my back and looked at the ceiling of the kitchen's neatly painted light yellow surface. It was so relaxing and the caffeine overdose is yet to come since Laura's still preparing one for me. I folded my leg up and hugged my knees rocking back and forth while watching her put sugar in it and finally the creamer.

As I took a sip from my cup and watched the moisture occupy the surface of my eyeglasses since I decided to give up wearing my contacts by the time I broke up with them last night. I suddenly remembered something that I should ask Laura.

"Excuse me Aunt Laura; is there any place here where I can buy clothes? I did not expect that the nights were so cold here. I only brought one jacket with me." I said hoping that she'll say yes.

"Didn't Minah tell you anything about Sylfaen?" she smirked at the fact that my grand-mother missed to inform me.

"Nights here at Sylfaen are colder than other places. I guess the city's temperature during night time is incomparable here that is why you're still adjusting." she sat to the seat opposite to me to take a drink on her cup as well and continued – "There is only one store which I can think of that will fit with your taste. It's located a few blocks away from the town's hospital. You'll find it quickly since its design is one of a kind compared to other stores. The store's name is M Apparel. It's owned by our town's international designer. The clothes there will suit you or you may ask the designer to design personalized clothes for you."

"You said international designer? But why is he still based here? I mean shouldn't he be somewhere else?" I asked confused with the irony of the facts that she told me.

"Well, I am amused by his reason of staying. When I said international, all of his clients visit him personally and he provides his service only within the perimeters of this town. He said he cannot leave this place for a personal reason. They don't have any other choice but to adjust on his preference since there is no one better than him at what he does." She continued – "His designs were all over international magazines and broadcasts. He is not just fond of getting people's attention and being proud of his fame." Laura stood up to get something inside the fridge.