The Birds

I was screaming for her.

Nana, she won't come. She can't hear me. But I cried my lungs out as I shouted louder. It was getting hot and no one's answering my plea, until I tried to call them. All the six of them one by one – I can't breathe anymore. I know I'll suffocate and I will end up stuck here.

I tried to struggle again one more time and I woke up.

The phone is ringing madly and it is vibrating unceasingly on the table. The call woke me from the nightmare. It rang exactly 2 more times the moment I opened my eyes and died. I checked the time and it was already 7 in the evening according to the wall clock near my comfort room's door. The phone rang again and it forced me to get up and answer it.

It died again even before I can reach the table. I looked on the screen and squinted my eyes as hold it nearer my face, there were 36 missed calls displayed on its screen and the 37th call just came in when I was about to look who's been calling.

The caller's name read – "Jinnie Oppa".

I swiped the answer tab the soonest.

"Hey! Kris! Hello? Are you there? Hello?" Junjin's voice sounded very cool and husky even over the phone, right now his tone is with a mixture of worry and sudden excitement.

"Hello.." I paused and tried swallow emptily to recover my voice. It sounded more of a guy's voice with its low tone. "Sorry I just woke up." I explained.

"Oh! Sorry, I might have disturbed you. I called you just in case you haven't seen our message yet about tomorrow's schedule with Hyesung and me?" he sounded more apologetic than excited now.

"Huh? Sorry, I just opened the phone today and I honestly haven't seen anything yet too." I tried to catch my thoughts.

Junjin understood it right away and explained everything about it.

"Hyesung would want us to go somewhere tomorrow, just the three of us. I'm not sure with the activities yet but we will pick you up at around 8 in the morning tomorrow." I can hear his smile from his voice. He is excited but I am thorn with lots of thoughts.

"Okay. I'll go with you. I still don't have any plans for tomorrow." I decided. I thought to myself that spending more time with them might led me to the answers that I am looking for.

"That's great! I will call Hyesung in a while and let him know about it. He is quite nervous that you won't come! Oh this will be awesome! Have a good night Kris! Rest well and pack more energy for tomorrow! Sweet dreams!" and he hanged up.

I gripped the phone tightly before I let out a deep breath and looked in to it again. I saw the logs of the missed calls and was surprised to find out that the 36 missed calls were not all from Junjin but randomly from every one of them. It all started since the day I received it.

My inbox is also full of unread messages too. I decided not to check it right away. I needed to reassess my progress on this complicated challenge from Nana.

I started to pick my back pack and get my black journal from it. I needed to list down some items that will remind me, those important details that will keep me on track, who's who. I wrote their names arranged depending on the order I've met them:

Junjin who knew that I cannot ride bikes and I have no sense of direction with two points, Dongwan is already leading with four points since he knows that I am not a cry baby, loved apple flavoured lollipop, pointed out that gravity is my enemy and about my asthma, Andy had 3 points telling me my allergies, the food that I don't eat and my favourite cake. Minwoo had 3 points already with my favourite color, clothing inclination and my habit of not fitting them in shops, Hyesung had 2 points when he gave me my favourite coffee, and favourite food and the last one – Eric with 2 points as well who knows about the fact that I am not a dog lover and that I cannot watch movies alone.