epilogue

The next day arrived and I dreaded it

The next day arrived and I dreaded it. The whole day at school was horrible. Everywhere I looked it reminded me of me and Hiah's memories.

We hung out everyday for five years and knew about each other's existence for eight years. "Can't we just go to a different school?" I whined. Junkyu sighed. "It's almost the end of the year. Let's see next year, okay?" Junkyu told me.

....

After school me and Junkyu went home and changed, did our homework and then headed out to find a place to spread her ashes.

"At the beach. Let's spread her at the beach," I suggested. Hiah loved the beach, she loved the ocean. The ocean brought her comfort. She'd always go on about buying a boat one day and spend most of her days on the ocean. When we were just young teens, her dream was to become a pirate.

"Okay, let's do that," Junkyu stated. We drove to a beach that me and Hiah use to always visit.

We got out of the car and approached the beach, the sun was beginning to set. I cleared my throat, swallowing the lump that was forming in my throat.

"Han Hiah, thank you for all of the great memories we made. I'm so glad we met and became who we are today. I wish I knew why you did it. I wish you knew how miserable I feel right now. You were and always will be my best friend. I know there will be people who will come into my life and we'll get close, but no one will ever be able to replace you. Someone can have the same name and surname as you but they'll never be able to act lile you.

They'll never be able to be someone so special to me like you were once and you'll always be special to me. I appreciate what you did for me. You were always there for me when no one else was. You always comforted me. You were my other half and maybe, just maybe we'll meet in another life but in this one we've unfortunately parted. I know you'll always look after me and you'll always be here, spiritually but it won't be the same. It won't be the same without you Han Hiah and I already miss you so so much.

Thank you for never leaving me. I love you, always and forever," I could feel my tears fall down my cheeks. Junkyu placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.

"Han Hiah, thank you for looking after Hana all this time. Even though we weren't close at all, I will miss you. You were a pretty cool person. Please keep looking after Hana for me and lead her in the right path, thank you, Hiah," Junkyu said.

We walked closer to the ocean and spreaded her ashes into the ocean.

"She'll rest easy now," Junkyu told me, pecking my head. I nodded, agreeing with him.

....

Five years later

Me and Junkyu was 23 years old. I had just turned 23 and Junkyu surprised me with a road trip.

"Oh! This is so pretty," I stated as we drove on the highway, the ocean coming into view. "Not as pretty as you," I heard Junkyu say. "Oh my god Junkyu," I said while chuckling. He giggled. We stopped near the beach. The sun was already beginning to set. "I can't believe it's been so long," I spoke. "Me either. I remembered it just like it was yesterday," he replied.

"I feel like if it wasn't for that road trip...things would've ended differently," I told him. "Hm, it sure would've," he agreed.

I sighed. "It's been five years since she passed...I miss her," I admitted. Junkyu gave me a sad smile. "I know you do," he responded. He then pulled me in for a hug.

"Right. Where to next?" I questioned him, pulling away from the hug. "Hmm, how abouy we go to...Busan?" He offered. "I'd like that," I replied.

I was happy, too happy. With Junkyu as my boyfriend, soon to be husband and my family by my side, along with have gotten over Hiah's death, I lived a happy and healthy life. I got to travel to alot of places with Junkyu. And it was all because of a road trip.

The end
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/n

hello, hello!:) if you are reading this, thank you so much for the support! I hope you enjoyed reading this just as much as I enjoyed writing it!

A new ff will be coming soon so stay tuned for that! Bye, bye! Enjoy the rest of your day/night and stay happy and healthy!!<33

-Yoshon<33