Six: Love's Recriminations

Eros' POV (Your POV)

Hovering beyond the clouds with the city's glimmering lights like a jewel box under a spotlight. The wind was strong, brushing my face with cool breeze piercing my nostrils. My lungs expanded taking deep breaths as I listen to people falling in love in every minute. Every second.

Looking up towards the stars, my thoughts started reflecting on my past. All the times I've spent with Psyche. The love we used to have. Everything seemed empty. After millennia, I thought our vows were eternity yet, in these past decades, Psyche has changed a lot. I guess that second chance has over, I thought.

I summoned my bow and arrow. Pulled the strings and aimed it towards the stars. The arrow shone as I was charging up the shot. As the shine grew as bright as the stars, I released the shot towards the sky, exploded everywhere creating a pretty meteor shower effect on the dark canvas of the night sky. A chuckle came from my mouth, "make your wishes come true love birds."

Their emotions piled up inside me. So warm that it makes me longed for Sana's presence in my arms. With that thought in my mind, I travelled above the clouds towards the striking building that I'm familiar with. Twice's dorm. I saw the windows were lit. And saw Nayeon, Momo, and Jihyo were running from window to window, I'm guessing they were playing with their pets.

I descend a few metres towards the ground while still keeping safe distance from people's eyes witnessing my presence. I was right. There were Sana and Mina too sitting next to each other, laughing at them playing catch with the pets. This sight crept a smile on my face as I move my gaze towards Sana's beautiful complexity while she's laughing out loud with Mina and the rest.

Suddenly, that conversation with my uncle crossed my mind and it made contradictory thoughts of whether I should descend to the ground and meet them or be coward and not putting any effort on resolving my problems that resulted in traumatic terror. But then I realised how long I've stayed away from Sana and decided to turn on my back and fly away. Until I felt the presence of my grandaunt and saw her sitting at the edge of an antenna tower with her glittery black silky dress waving by the wind.

I flew closer as my grandaunt, Nyx, smiles. "Were those stars your doing?" Nyx's calming voice pierced through the sound of the night, and I nodded to reply. "You're doing a great job on keeping the mortals believe in the ideals of love, darling." A chuckle came out of my mouth, funny to hear the flatteries my grandaunt just said to me. "Well, I am only the cupid. The real works always done by my granduncle, Eros."

"You silly! Come on, give yourself some credit to it, darling! After all, you both share the same name and cause."

"Thank you for your acknowledgement, grandaunt." My grandaunt got herself up to stand, "I heard from your mother about Psyche. Are you okay, dear?"

"Grandaunt, you don't have to worry about me. I'm doing alright." Opposing the concern my grandaunt expressing about me, "are you sure, dear?" She walked above the air to come and caress my face. "You look gloomy, honey." Her eyes looked into mine, sparkling like the stars of the night.

"Your mother and I have talked about how Psyche has been treating you for the last few decades." Her hand on my chest, gently pressing against me. "I can feel your heartaches, Eros. Your longing of the love you once had. Eros, you can't keep on enduring it yourself. Her dishonesties, controlling behaviours, why do you keep thinking that she deserves another chance, Eros?" Nyx, my grandaunt, leaned forward to peer into my eyes.

"Is it perhaps about how you don't want to be deemed with infidelity?" Throwing my gaze away to avoid my grandaunt's eyes, my heart sank just from hearing the word 'infidelity'. "Eros, how long have you looked upon these mortals? Decades? Millennia? Million years?" Nyx's other hand straightened back my gaze upon her eyes with her thumbs tenderly caressing my face.