11

When Venti walked away - he regrets that. Xiao looks like he doesn't really know anything about it unless he's pretending. He wants to throw tantrums just because no one seems to care about him inside this castle right now. Well, more like he's not getting enough attention from Xiao.

He's been walking around the castle, has nothing to do. Aether already left, Xiao is still practicing, Sayu is on her job. He can memorize all the rules but... That would be boring.

Is there really no one? "Princess Venti?" A low voice of a girl called. "Princess Beidou? Ah!" He immediately bowed to show respect, "Where are you going to?" She smiled, "The thing is... I don't have anything to do, I'm just wandering around. Hehe"

He looked everywhere but Beidou's eyes. He just couldn't get himself to not be awkward around her, but when it comes to Ningguang... They're kind of like enemies, but a sibling-like enemy. He and Ningguang would always fight about Venti breaking rules and being a naughty princess.

"Then come join me!"

"W-where?" Venti finally looked at her face, she was grinning, her arms placed in her waist. "Sail my ship, don't tell Ningguang though" she winks.

"Isn't that not allowed?"

"It is actually. But decades ago... It was illegal for a princess to sail their own ship due to our gender and position. I'm glad that changed... I wouldn't find any happiness if I'm always stuck in this palace" she giggled. "So. Are you up for it?"

"Yeah!"

"Let's go!"

-

As they get into the massive ship, Venti remembered something. "I'm not allowed to go outside... Princess Beidou I'll be in trouble!"
Instead of getting mad, Beidou pats his shoulder and chuckled. "Don't worry. I won't tell Ningguang about it, I'll also get in trouble if they find out"

And so Beidou waved at the people who were already in the ship. She did switch into a decent clothes that are perfect for sailing a ship. She even wore a high socks and heels. She looks really elegant.

"Also, don't call me princess Beidou. Call me captain instead. It's not needed to always be formal" she laughs before going to the ship's wheel. When the ship finally started moving, it felt really awesome. The fresh air, the sound of the water splashing are very pleasing.

Venti closed his eyes as he enjoys everything. It was already late when he realized he fell asleep. He opened his eyes when it was already dark and they're already back in Liyue. He wonders how many hours Beidou sailed her ship. "You looked like you enjoyed it?"

"Yeah... Though I didn't see things because I was sleeping, it was still good" he smiled as he stood up from the barrel he's sitting on. "Let's go back"

They walked their way to the castle even if they can use a carriage or anything. Venti wasn't complaining. It seems like Beidou likes walking too, not gonna lie Beidou isn't that bad. She wasn't sensitive or whatever. She's pretty enthusiastic, unlike Xiao who would rather read books, or sleep whenever it's his free time.

"Venti, let's make a promise" Venti flinched at the sudden talk but hums in response anyway, "don't leave Alatus, whatever may happen... Please, stay with him"

"What if I can't stay with him..? What if... I leave" Beidou smiled, "You wouldn't" she's right, Venti had no intentions to leave, for now.

"Then I, Venti, will promise to stay with your brother till death do us apart"

"I hope you keep that promise, prince Venti"

"Prince Venti?"

"Hm, yeah. You are a boy, you deserve to get the title that is truly yours" Venti somehow can't stop himself from feeling happy just by that, being called prince and not a princess. "Why can't I just get called prince instead of a princess?"