Chapter 8: prelims pt 2

[Sakura Haruno vs Ino Yamanaka]

After a small wait, Sakura's match got called. Walking down the stairs Sakura called out to Naruto. "How much should I beat her before I win!" Sakura asked. "Only as much as necessary, she's still a fangirl, break that from her." Naruto replied, much to Asuma's disappointment.

"Kakashi, why do your students act that way?" Asuma asked. Kakashi just shook his head. "I don't know but they have nearly perfect teamwork now." Kakashi said, getting a look from Kurinai. "Is all you care about teamwork or what?" She asked. "Meh, as long as they don't go on a killing spree." Kakashi replied.

Eventually the match started. "Come on Billboard-brow, let's see how far teamwork can get you!" Ino yelled, Sakura about 15ft from her.

"Ino, Naruto has taught me many things for situations like this, you are my friend and I don't want to hurt you but I have to, so don't take this personally." Sakura said, nearly as emotionless as a rock. Suddenly a dark blue heart appeared in front of Ino's chest.

"You might have overheard Naruto talking about souls and how the heart color means different things, sorry but dark blue isn't yours, it's mine." And like that, Sakura brought her hand to the side, Ino flying along with.

Back up in the balcony, Naruto has to explain to Asuma. "The blue heart of integrity, that's Sakura's soul attribute. Integrity allows the user to do basically anything with an opponent's gravity. It can also be used to allow the user fly." Naruto Explained.

"It also hides the opponent's soul color, in fact the basic 7 can all change the color of someone else's because they can be used on others. Kakashi can give his gun to someone and there by "change" someone's attribute." Naruto finished.

As the fight raged on, Naruto called out to Sakura. "You can end it now!" He yelled down to her. Nodding, Sakura forced Ino into the ground and walked up to her. "Forfeit or I crush you." She said coldly.

Only hearing mumbles, Hayate took it as Acceptance. "Winner by forfeit, Sakura Haruno!" Hayate called, getting the medics over to check on Ino.

[Hinata vs Neji]

Seeing the match up, Naruto looked over to the hokage who had a guilty look on his face. Knowing he had to chose between a slaughter of either Hinata or Neji against Gara, Naruto didn't say anything.

Neji started spouting off fate nonsense when he was suddenly hit by a truth bomb... or more accurately, Hinata's leg. Hinata may be "weak" but she sure is strong in the physical sense.

Getting launched into a wall at very fast speeds would hurt any normal person but Neji trains with might gai, and to quote future Neji in an alternative universe, "physical endurance over strength".

Getting out of the small hole in the wall, Neji rushed Hinata and started poking her arms and legs. Hinata just smiled before poofing into smoke (because everyone knew how to use it in the anime, why not here). Looking around, byakugan active, Neji determines that he can't find Hinata.

[Play "spear of justice" by Toby fox]

The second the song started, a light-blue spear came flying out of the ground and green disks came into existence, keeping Neji from moving to easily.

Hinata dropped from the ceiling. "Neji, no mater what, I will beat you here, today." Hinata said resolutely. Naruto smirked, a couple of words and teaching her spear magic was a great idea for him to do.

(Yes, I keep skipping over this but I like surprises and I didn't want to reveal this till now)

Kurinai looked at Naruto. "When did you have the chance to teach her that?" She asked. "Shadow clones is a very useful technique, I would get my reserves up enough to use it if I were you, imagine being able to put multiple people in different genjutsu's to make them attack each other." Naruto said, getting a smirk from Kakashi.