chapter 8

It had now been 3 days since the fight between Toppers boys and My boys, I had hung out with both since but chosen not to bring it up, not wanting to cause anymore drama.

Today is a very big day for the kooks,
It's midsummers.

I had agreed when 2 days ago Topper asked me to be his date to midsummers, why wouldn't I? Every year at midsummers our parents would make us take the same picture together, ever since we were just little, and we always had to dance together- it was our little tradition! It's honestly pretty cute but we always hated it growing up.

This year will be different though.

My mother handed me this beautiful navy blue dress that complimented my blonde hair and blue eyes quite nicely, it was silk and had a sweetheart top to it. At the waist it came together and poofed out at the bottom. I liked it a lot, and my other of course was making me wear a flower crown like most of the other girls.

I was invited to go get ready with my friend Sarah Cameron, Rafe's sister. Her and I were good friends and every year we got ready for midsummers together. I often would see her around at parties and talk to her, our parents were good friends so we've known each other since we were both little.

Sarah helped me curl my hair, she made it look really good with her expensive curling wand. I needed her help since I couldn't quite get the curls in the back to look right. "We haven't gotten to spend much 1 on 1 time this summer yet" Sarah says to me "yeah, it's been a crazy summer" I laugh.

Me and Sarah talk about Topper and I can't help but smile every time I say his name for some reason. We had been going out for almost a month now- was it too soon to say that I might love him? Yeah- he definitely doesn't feel the same way... right?

Me and Sarah finished getting ready together, and I go back home before midsummers starts. "Oh my goodness honey! You look stunning, you and Sarah have a good time?" She says putting her hands on my shoulders, I smile "Yes, yes we did. and thank you! You look amazing mom!" I say back to her and she laughs.

Me and Topper decide to meet up at midsummers, he insisted on us not seeing each other until right before we walked out together in front of everybody. He said it would be more romantic that way.

I find Topper, my pretty boy. He looks so amazing, my mouth hangs open slightly as my eyes go up and down his body taking in how handsome he looks. He looked absolutely stunning in his yellowish-beige suit and blue tie, his hair slicked back. I admired everything about him, he cleaned up very nicely.

I saw the way his face lit up when he saw me, A small smile leaving the corner of his mouth as he looked me up and down in my navy blue dress. "Wow." Was all he could manage to spit out. I walked over towards him giggling "You look amazing Topper." I tell him, he blushes "Thank you, so do you- I mean you look absolutely gorgeous!" He says laughing. I take his hand in mine and kiss him on cheek, which makes the boy turn even more red if possible.

We walk out together, everyone's eyes are on the two of us. Ever since we were just little our parents thought we were meant for each other and should be together, and all the other adults on figure eight had thought the same thing! It was like a "See, told you so" type of moment.

I danced with Topper to the loud music, we swayed to the music and laughed about nothing. He was one of my number one favorite people to be around- I couldn't choose between Topper and Pope!