chapter 10

The next few days I spent hanging out with Topper, Topper was a very jealous person and it didn't take long for him to grow jealous. I made an effort to spend more time with him to let him know that I loved him and he had nothing to worry about, Topper and I went golfing with him and his friends (which I wasn't happy about but I did it for him) and going to the beach. It's been 5 days since I've seen my friends- which is a very longtime for me since I'm used to being around them everyday!

I wake up at around 9:25 and check my phone with a text from Kiara. "Let's hang today! Boat day?" The message reads. I immediately respond with "yes ofc! What time?" Ki says to meet them at 11:30ish so I take my time getting ready. I throw on a pink bikini and ripped denim shorts and a light blue t shirt overtop. I grab my bag and make my way downstairs. "Hey girly where are you off to?" My mother asks, "Boat day with Ki! I'll keep you updated where I'm staying." I say giving her a hug and heading out the door.

I see the HMS pogue slow down and Pope holds out his hand for me to get on the boat. I smile and greet everyone, but not everyone seems to pleased with me...

"Long time no see Elle." Is what JJ says. I knew this would happen. "Come on guys it hasn't been that long!" I say sitting down beside pope and JJ. "You completely blew us off this whole week so far for your stupid kook boyfriend." John b says with a hint of annoyance in his tone. I look at Pope and he just nods I
His head. Shit.

"Guys I'm sorry. I really am! Topper just gets jealous easily and he doesn't like me hanging out with you guys. I just needed to spend time with him so that he knew I cared!" I say trying to explain myself, "Look Elle- we've all been your best friends forever, and we know you love Topper but who has been there for you longer? Us. And it's not fair for you to ditch us like that." Pope states. I just stare at the ground and fiddle with my lip between my teeth. "I'm sorry." I say quieter. "I just can't choose!" I say to my friends. "No one's asking you to choose Elle- but we really love you and want to be your best friends. It's just kinda hard to do that when you blow us off for your boyfriend especially after he beat up JJ." John b says.

"I know. I promise I wouldn't do this on purpose and I love you guys. I promise to spend more time with you guys." I say to them as sincere as possible, I really did mean it too. The pogues were my family!

"Enough of all this bullshit let's have fun!" Ki says and I smile at her. Everyone yells and we turn on the music and crack open a few beers. This is home.

(short chapter sorry I'm just really stressed out from school, leave requests tho!)