Chapter 5; Treehouse

Once the two boys saw more people coming to the wreck they decided they should probably leave. Where? The had no idea. But it was going to be fun none the less. They found themselves in the woods again and suddenly Karl got an idea. 

He stopped walking and turned to dream, "We should build a treehouse," Karl said with a child like glint in his eyes.

Dream felt his cheeks heat up involuntarily watching the youngers gleeful smile and messy brown hair. He quickly shook the though away, "Yea sure! Got any wood?" 

Karl grinned, "Nope! Get choppin'!" Karl said, tossing a spare weaker axe to the taller. 

Dream caught the axe and shook his head with a laugh. "You really are something Jacobs." 

"Aww thank you blondy" Karl teased back, as he started hacking at a tree with his axe, collecting the wood that fell.

The two boys collecting wood for an hour or so, than picked the tallest tree they could find, (somehow taller than the one they had climbed earlier that day), and started to build their new treehouse. 

Once they finished, the sun of a new day was rising. They laid down in their small, well furnished, treehouse. Karl tiredly closed his eyes, resting his head on dreams lap. 

Dream smiled and played with the youngers hair, running his fingers through his curly locks. "Tired?" He asked kindly, which was rare for the blonde.

Karl nodded sleepily, "You're not?" 

Dream nodded, "Dreadfully, but i'm used to it." He replyed with a soft smile.

Karl giggled slightly, "You're a absolute mess." 

Dream scoffed, "I'm a mess?" He retorted with a laugh.

Karl giggled once more, "We're both messes." 

Comfortable silence passed between the two, and Karl slowly drifted off to sleep in dreams lap. Dream watched the younger sleep, his lips slightly parted, his chest rising and falling with each slow breath, hair falling onto his gently closed eyes. As Dream watched he felt a heat rise in his cheeks. 

"Karl?" He asked softly to no response or stir from the younger. Dream took a small breath, "I think i'm in love with you Jacobs." 

No response, just silence from the sleeping boy. Dream smiled slightly and picked the small up gently, then placed him in one of the beds Karl had dyed purple from the dye of a flower he picked while collecting wood yesterday. He brushed the hair out of his eyes, and thought of his lips gently brushing the youngers forehead, then went on to call himself a pervert and just pulled the blanket over the brunette. 

Karl stirred and rolled over, burying himself deeper into the blankets. Dream stood there for only a moment longer before walking over to his bed on the other side of the room and laying down. He closed his eyes and slipped into sleep aswell.

------------

473 words, Short chapter. Wanting to make something cute while setting up a living situation for them lol. 

Working on next chapter almost instantly, because it felt like it needed to be separate.

Love y'all! You know the drill. :)