Chapter Six: Lady Dimitrescu

The cold nipped at your skin in the ashen fall of snow, a brisk cold of a flurry pounding from above as you push further into the courtyard.

The clothes Daniela had given you, were warmer and clung far better than the ones you previously had on.

You thought it to be quite expensive, solely for the fact of how warm it kept you even when the snow caked along the underside of the material.

Your boots shovel past as you approach a small area of stairs leading up to three doors, just at the far end of the courtyard, a broad one in front, and one with an iron-wrought door on the right.

You look to the right, remembering what Daniela had previously explained to you.

"Once you've reached the back of the courtyard, take the door to the right, climb the steps, and her chambers will be the following door to the left- with the Dimitrescu insignia."

So, you turn right, aiming for the iron-wrought doors just ahead - a silent contemplation for what awaited you on the other side.

You've heard rumors of the Lady, her youngest, speaking fondly of the woman as if she wasn't the figure of terror that all visualized her as.

Your hand slides over the handle, the chill of it a difficult sensation on the sensitive skin of your palm, almost too cold for you to keep a firm grip.

The door creeks, the mere strain from both the weight and cold proving a worthy adversary in making this process that much harder for you.

With a grunt and a small shove, the door cracks open, breaking through the halls of a golden lit room.

Warm it was, with candles of plenty lighting the staircase above, leading to what you assumed was the chambers of the Lady herself.

Before you laid stairs, starting from the left and spiraling to the right and vanishing from view.

You took your first step forward, ignoring as the door slammed shut behind you, and leaving you at the mercy of the walls of the castle.

Climbing up and further into the chambers, you soon come across a golden-lit hallway, basked in the glory you expected nothing less of.

Just ahead, the sound of music plays, the precise song from earlier.

It all was the beginning, of something none could escape.

Turning the cold metal, the door rasps as it reveals the room laid before you, cascaded in low candlelight with the hum of music in the air, the smell of wine, marijuana, and lavender filling your senses as you take your first step into the room.

Just along the window, a towering figure caped in white stands within a thin veil of smoke, a pipe, reeking of marijuana clasped ever so delicately between her gloved fingertips, looking small in the larger woman's grasp.

She doesn't bother turning to face you, crossing her arm over her abdomen as she rests her elbow along her forearm, wholly unbothered by your presence.

"The formalities of introducing myself seems almost tedious as I'm sure you already know who I am," she inclines her head just enough to look at you from the corner of her eye, a burning gaze of grey staring back. "Correct?"

For a moment, as the embers of her eyes gaze upon you, you feel your world freeze- a moment of awe washes over you as you stumble mid-step, barely holding a stable foundation as you fumble over what could've been a smooth introduction.

Your cheeks grow hot as you attempt to recover, butterflies in your stomach, you've quickly become a flustered mess.

"Uh, yes, of course, my Lady."