Shattered Avni

Chapter 143:

Days passed and all took care of him. One day, Mehta family came there and they asked them to stay there and now they spoiled Neav he always wanted to be in the arms else he starts crying. At the midnight, Near start crying and as usual, Neil wakes up first as Avni was tired. Neil tried to calm him but no use. Avni wakes up.

Avni: Neil, give it to me.

Neil: Avni, you sleep I can manage and you feed him now so he must not be hungry.

Avni: Actually, every time someone picks him so he is spoiled now he does not sleep in the cradle he wants to be in the arms all the time.

Neil smiles.

Neil: Right.

Avni: give it to me I will talk to him he will be quiet.

Neil nods and comes to her. Avni tried to feed him, to calm him and with difficulty Neav sleeps. Avni lays him in the cradle and he again starts crying.

Avni: see, I told you.

Neil smiles. They tried to calm him but no use then they hear the knock on the door.

Neil: his army came.

Avni smiles. Neil goes to open the door and all come. They tried to calm him all carries him one by one. Shweta makes different faces and sounds but no use. All were the puppets of the hand of one mouth baby he was making them dance on his moves. They took him to the hall he sits and all were standing around them and trying to calm him but no use. Avni thinks and starts singing a lullaby. Aa leke chalun tujhko and he stops crying. Avni sings it and recall her childhood and gets emotional. Neela maa smiles with teary eyes and soon he sleeps.

Shweta: thank God, he sleeps but when he heard that.

Avni: Actually, mummy Ji, in the morning he was humming it and folding the clothes and when I saw him he had slept I didn't know that he slept by hearing it now I remember that and sings that and see he sleeps.

All smiles. Avneil looks at each other and smiles.

Hours converted into days, days into months and months into years. The leaves fall from the trees and the new leaves replace them and the cycle continues.

After three years, a car stopped outside the Khanna mansion and Neil gets down from it and closed the door. He entered the mansion and finds no one is there he understood that all must have slept till now. He goes to his room and opens the door and saw it is lighted by a dim light. Neil comes inside and looks around he found his two years old tiger sleeping on the bed he goes to him and sits he caresses his hair and kisses his forehead then he goes to the couch and put his bag on the table and sits on the couch. He was feeling exhausted so he rests his back to it and sighs deep and closes his eyes.

Neil heard the sound of the bangles and smiles he looks at the door and saw his lifeless, his wife who was coming by carrying a tray of food. Neil smiles to see her. Avni comes and sits.

Avni: tired?

Neil sighs.

Neil: very much.

Avni: go and get fresh till then I arrange the plate.

Neil: ok.

Neil goes and comes back they fed each other and finished the food then Avni goes to keep the vessels to the kitchen when she comes back she saw Neil is resting his back on the couch. Avni thinks. Neil was laying by closing his eyes and smiles as he feels a weight on his shoulder he opens his eyes and saw Avni they were on the couch.