Chapter 8

2 days. It's echoing in David's head. He's genuinely scared about what could happen. Many questions flood inside David's head. What would happen during this mission? What if they're caught? Are they gonna do their mission without any problems?
"David! You alright?"

"Davie? You alright? You had remained quiet since we left the Professor." William asked, concerned.
"Uh? Yeah, yeah. I'm just really scared." David answered with stress in his voice.
"Tell me what's bothering you Sweetie." Said William while hugging David.
David burried his face in William's chest and started shaking. William tried to calm him and rubbed his back.
"I'm scared about the mission the Professor gave us. It's an extremely important mission. I don't want to mess it up. Imagine if something goes wrong." David started crying quietly in William's arms.
"Shhh. Don't cry cutie. As long as I'm alive, I'll do everything I can to protect you. Whatever it costs me. Promise." William said gently. He then kissed David's forehead.
David looked at William with tears in his eyes and hugged William tightly.
"I-I don't want to l-lose you. I love y-you so much, P-Puppy!" Said David, stuttering.
"I love you too Sweetie."

"David?" Asks George with concern in his voice.
"I'm sorry... I was thinking about something."
"You sure you alright? I'm worried about you!" George says.
"What if something goes wrong?" asks suddenly David.
"Heh? If what goes wrong?"
"Our mission. What will happen if something goes wrong?"
"Oh Davie. Don't worry. We're the best agents of the resistance. We'll succeed. I promise you!" Answers George, smiling to David.
David see his smile and notices how fake it is. George is the best friend anyone wish to have. He'll do his best to reassure you.
"William was one of the best agent too. But look what had happened to him..."David states, concern in his voice.
"William had maybe not succeed the mission the Professor gave him. But he succeed a mission he had given to himself. It was the most important mission of all his life." George says.
"What is this mission?" Asks David, curious.
"He told me what it was as soon as you two started dating. He was so happy that day. I remember his bright smile. It could make anyone smile."
"What is this mission?" repeats David.
"How come are you so clueless? Protect you whatever at all costs, of course!"
David suddenly feels tears falling down on his cheek. He remembers what William always says to him:
"I'll protect you whatever it costs."
George notices David crying. He walks towards him and hugs him, in an attempt to make him calm down. After a few minutes crying, David says:
"I miss him so much."
"I know."
"I promise you one thing George, I'll do this mission. And I'll do my best to succeed. Whatever it costs. I'll accomplish this mission for you and for him. And I'll do my best to protect you as well." David promises.
"Thank you Davie." Says George, smiling.
David sees George crying quietly. He tightens the hug and tries to comfort George.
"You should go to sleep. You seem exhausted."
David sighs.
"You're right. I'll go take a nap. Cya later Georgie."
"Sleep well Davie."