Chapter 8- Tartarus

" How do I know if I can trust you?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artemis's P.O.V

I stared at Zeus. He was beyond evil.
"I hate you" I muttered.

"I'll give you a sword and your bow and arrows" Zeus said, smiling "and your goddess form"

"He can't do this!" I yelled, I turned to Athena "Right?"

She shook her head "I'm afraid he can"

I groaned. Just fucking great.

Suddenly a hole opened up in the floor, a hole with no end.

I stared fearfully at it. My hand gripped my sword.

"May the odds be ever in you favour Artemis" Zeus sneered.  ( I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES)

Then he pushed me.

I stumbled and fell into the hole. I managed to catch my hand on a rock, and I held on for dear life.

"Zeus, I promise, I'll respect you" I screamed. " I won't go near the pirates!"

"Finally, the great Lady Artemis is at my mercy" Zeus laughed "I hope you spend the rest of eternity in the darkness"

I gritted my teeth, If I ever got out of this, he would fucking pay.

Zeus started getting taller, while the other gods and goddesses watched helplessly.

As he grew into his god form, he sneered at me "Goodbye Artemis" Then he stomped his foot and the whole floor shook.

I lost my hold on the rock and fell into the darkness below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fell through the air, this pit looked like it had no end. The darkness flickered before my eyes as I slipped in and out of conciseness. The drugs seemed to still have an effect on me.

I groaned. I was going to be stuck in another hell pit, first Davy Jone's Locker and now fucking Tartarus. The actual hell in the world. After the fields of punishment.

I could see a slight sliver of light below me. It was red. Blood Red. I really wish I could have died than be stuck down here.

I felt a rush of air as I fell onto the hard rock floor. My body hurt everywhere. I had cuts on my arms and legs and blood streaming down my face from a cut on my eye.

The cuts quickly healed. Zeus had indeed kept his promise to make me a goddess again.

I sighed as I looked around my surroundings. It was dark and gloomy, like I had expected.

Cackling and screams were common in Tartarus.

I wandered around, lost with determination not to cry.

My mind was slowly wandering away, I didn't know what to do.

"There is always a way" I heard.

I spun around, hands on my sword.

A short, fat, ugly demon appeared in front of me.

"I don't want to hurt you" I warned.

"And you won't have to" he said. "Rhea and Caitlin sent me to guide you out"

"How do I know If I can trust you?" I said cautiously.

"You don't" He replied.

I was still unsure of the squat grey thing, but I was desperate to get out of here.

I followed him through the red, rocky land. Monsters wandered past us- Empousa glared at me in jealousy, but for some reason they didn't attack me.

blue and red lines were spread across the rocky ground. I stepped forward but was quickly stopped by the demon.

"Stop" he yelled "There is a cliff"

My foot was hanging in thin air, and I quickly pulled it back. I peered down and a long drop met my eyes. "Um thanks" I muttered.

The demon nodded.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"That is for you to find out and me to know"

I rolled my eyes; I still didn't trust the ugly thing.

"Where are we even going?"

"Somewhere to get us out of here" he said.

"Us?" I asked, astonished.

"Yes, I want to leave this horrible place, I miss my wife and my children in the underworld"

I stared at him in surprise.

Suddenly I heard a roar. It was a terrible sound. It was loud and dangerous, raspy, and deep.

I grimaced, "I'm guessing we don't want to meet that thing"

"You guessed right, quickly climb down the cliff" The demon yelled.

I scrambled down the long cliff frantically. My hands started to bleed, and the demon kept yelling at me to hurry up.

That monster must have been pretty bad.

After what felt like a thousand years, we reached the bottom of the cliff. Acid shot out of holes in the ground, and I quickly jumped back. The poisonous liquid nearly shot me on the face.

"What the fuck" I muttered.

"We need to get out of here before the summer solstice." The demon said.

"Because that's when the gods are least powerful, when we feel weak and most like a mortal" I replied.

"Exactly"

I heard a scraping noise behind us, and the demon swore under his breath.

I gripped my sword and turned around.

Red, Angry eyes stared back at me

A/N

I think I'm very kind finishing this before I publish this. I have a lot of cliffhangers XD.

What do you think the monster is?