Chapter 9- Deception

                                             "Don't be surprised, I will still rise"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artemis's P.O.V

"What the fuck is that?" I asked, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

"The beast of Tartarus" The demon said "Its killed so many titans and monsters"

"Well, that's just fucking great" I muttered.

The beast was blood red, with red eyes and long black claws. It was truly the beast of nightmares.

I took a step back. "How are we going to beat it?"

"Aim for the eyes" The demon said "It's his life force"

"Hey, you big piece of shit" I yelled "I'm going to kick your ass to tomorrow"

I took out my bow and nocked an arrow. "Dance" I hissed at the demon.

"What!" He sputtered "No way"

"Just do it" I glared "If you want to survive just dance like your life depends on it, because it does"

"What are you thinking?" The demon hissed.

"I don't have time to think just DANCE"

The beast growled and I felt spit fly on my face. I grimaced.

The demon started prancing around like a chicken. If I wasn't about to die, I would have laughed.

The beast's eyes fixed on the dancing demon. It was like it was hypnotised.

I aimed for his eye, Hoping the arrow hit its target.

I shot the arrow and it hit square in the beast's eye.

It squealed like a pig and dropped to its knees, slowly disintegrating into the hot air.

I smiled and held out my hand for a high-five. The demon looked at it in confusion.

"Why are you doing that?" he asked

"You don't know what a high-five is!" I exclaimed "wow"

It was getting awkward, so I quickly put my hand down.

We continued walking across the acid plains in silence.

"Why didn't the other monsters attack us?" I asked.

"Because you were with me"

I let the words sink in, suddenly remembering something from a book I had read.