Vic

Vic was not in a great mood. She had spent the morning manning the phones at the station, dealing with about a million people calling in with crazy theories about the rocket that had exploded. She had managed to talk about 90% of them down and the other 10% hung up on her because they thought she wasn't listening to them. She was exhausted, but it was better than dealing with the insanity that the crew had dealt with at the station.

She had no idea what she was going to do because for the second time in as many weeks, she was essentially homeless. She had thought about asking Maya if she could crash with her, but she decided she had had enough of the intense blonde at the station and she didn't need that at home too.

She had been so grateful that Dean had offered to let her move in with him and Pru because 1) she loved the houseboat, 2) she loved babies, and 3) Dean was probably one of the least annoying humans she knew. She had essentially moved in immediately, her bags already in her car.

However, as she unpacked her stuff, she realized she had somehow ended up with a couple things that belonged to her ex. She knew deep down that he wouldn't miss the t-shirts, socks, and sweatshirt she had brought with her, but she honestly was still in denial that they were over so she gathered up her things and headed to the hospital to give them back to him. She had no idea why she was doing it because he had made it clear he was done, but she wanted to just talk to him one more time.

As she walked up to the hospital, she realized she wasn't totally sure where to find Jackson, but she didn't want to ask anyone. She started wandering, knowing she eventually would need to ask someone where to go but not wanting to yet.

As she was walking, she was also people watching, noticing the various people in the hospital. As she wandered, she spotted Andrew Deluca, thinking of asking him where to find Jackson because they were kinda friends and she felt less awkward asking him than a random person.

However, before she could approach him, another woman walked up to him. This other woman started speaking quickly to him in what Vic thought might be Italian, but she wasn't sure.

Vic just kinda stood back, watching the interaction. She couldn't help but notice that this other woman was insanely hot. Vic hadn't quite nailed down her own sexuality, knowing she wasn't simply straight but having found the exact label she identified with. However, Vic did know that this woman talking to Andrew made her feel a certain type of way. She wondered if she was his girlfriend or something, finding herself feeling a little jealous of him if that was the case.

Vic was just kinda staring at this mesmerizing woman when she heard her name.

"Vic?" the voice said, causing Vic to turn around and see who it was. She was surprised to see her captain walking toward her, two cups of coffee in hand, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh," Vic said, "Um, I am just bringing some stuff to Jackson. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I saw him when I came in," Maya said, avoiding the question, "He was going down to the ER. Are you ok? I called your name three times before you turned around."

"Yeah. Sorry. I just got distracted by...", Vic went to point out Andrew and the woman he was talking to, but they were both gone, "This really hot doctor. Never mind. It doesn't matter."

"Ok," Maya said, a little confused but not really wanting to get into it, mostly because things at the station were still tense and she didn't feel like she could just talk to her team like she could before, "Well, you should go get that stuff to Jackson."

"Yeah," Vic nodded, "See ya."

"Bye," Maya said as she continued.

Vic went down to the ER, giving Jackson back his stuff, the plastic surgeon making it abundantly clear that he was not interested in getting back together with her, even less so when she told him she was moving in with Dean. That actually seemed to almost make him angrier than the fact that she had moved into his place without telling him. Vic did not understand what the big deal was, but she had no desire to have that conversation with him in the busy ER.