Maya

"So, we have a question," Vic said as Maya and Carina walked back over to the rest of the group.

"Cosa?" Carina said as they both sat down, Maya's hand instantly going to Carina's thigh.

"So, we know where you met all of us," Travis said, "But how did you two meet each other? Was it at the hospital or something? And how did none of us know?"

"It wasn't at the hospital," Maya said, looking at Carina, "I can tell them?"

"Si," Carina said, relaxing back a little bit as Maya took over.

Dean, Jack, Robert, and Ben were all playing darts, but Vic, Andy, and Travis all sat there expectantly.

"So, we actually met here," Maya said, smiling at Carina a little bit, "Right over there at the bar."

"When?" Travis asked.

"The day of the camping trip," Maya said, "Carina saw me when I brought the nose into the hospital."

"And I thought I needed to know who that beautiful blonde woman was," Carina said, earning her a smiled from her girlfriend.

"Shut up," Maya said, rolling her eyes.

"It's true," Carina said, "I actually almost missed an important piece of information about my patient because I was so distracted by how beautiful and mysterious she was."

Maya smiled, leaning over and kissing Carina gently on the lips, earning groans from her team.

"So anyway, I came here to drink that night," Maya said, almost adding that she had been feeling extremely depressed and was planning to drink herself into the floor to just forget how terrible the camping trip specifically and her captaincy in general but decided her team didn't need to know that.

Also, she wasn't totally ready to tell Carina that that was how she was feeling that night because that was a bit too vulnerable for her.

"And I was supposed to be getting a drink with a friend," Carina said, earning her a look from her girlfriend, "But they canceled last minute after they got pulled into a surgery so I almost didn't come, but then I remembered I was out of wine at home so I came alone."

"You ran out of wine?" Maya said, jaw dropping.

"Si," Carina nodded, laughing, "I was so busy and I hadn't been to the store in so long so I had none in the house."

"Wow," Maya said, looking at her friends, "She drinks so much wine so I am shocked she ever runs out."

"That makes me sound like an alcoholic," Carina said, laughing a little, "Which I am not."

"No," Maya said, backtracking, "No, not at all. You are very responsible with your drinking. You just like your wine and you are always buying good wines and introducing me to wines I didn't know existed and..." "

Calmati, Bella," Carina said, taking Maya's hand in her own, "I was just joking. Keep telling the story."

"Ok," Maya said, taking a deep breath as all her friends smiled, "Sorry. So, I was here to grab a drink after the day we had had, and I sat down at the bar alone, just planning on sitting at the bar and watch whatever was on TV, maybe the Seahawks or something."

Andy bit her lip, looking down at the floor, remembering this night as well. She and Jack were both so pissed at Maya at the time and had completely ignored her when she walked in, Andy going so far as to turn her back when she saw her.

"So, I was sitting there, minding my own business, when she walked over to the bar and sat down next to me and ordered a glass of white wine," Maya continued, not looking at Andy, "And I thought maybe she was just going to grab something and then go sit at a table or something, but no. She stayed put. I had glanced at her when she walked in and noticed how stunning she was so I was sitting there trying not to stare at her."