Chapter 12. "Yeah apartments are small"

Jade was reluctant at first. But, She finally agreed to stay with Peter at his apartment. She didn't like the idea of her and Peter all alone in one house. The thought about it it made her blush. She only agreed to stay with him for a week until her and her mom sorted things out. She followed Peter's motorcycle around the city as she followed him in her white BMW. He pulled up to a small building. About three stories high. She parked right next to Peter and got out. He looked up and pointed at the third floor.

" 3C is our place." he said looking at the building. Jade quickly blushed as Peter said 'our place.' It sounded so natural coming from his voice.

Peter carried Jade's bags as they entered the building. They were greeted at a woman sitting at the front desk. She had long hair and glasses and greeted Peter kindly she asked him for rent and he quickly paid. she followed him down a long corridor. Passed an elevator that had 'out of order' stamp in front of it he carried her bags of the flight of stairs and open the door that had '3' labeled on it. She followed him, again he led her down a hallway. He stopped as he reached the door labeled '3C'.

"This is it." Peter said as he pulled out a key from his pocket he slid the key into the lock it made a click noise and he opened the door.

They were automatically in the living room it was separated into two sections. On one half there were black leather couches and a small flatscreen TV. On the other there was a set of cabinets, a small refrigerator, and a microwave.

"Well it isn't much, but it's a place to live am I right ?" Peter said smiling at Jade. "Well uhm.. If you walk down the hall, to the left is the restroom. Then the door on the right is the bedroom," he said rubbing his head. This is not how he wanted to impress Jade. He could see her face. She seemed unsure of what this garbage place was. But before he was going to apologize. She put the biggest smile on her face and looked at him.

"You know, for a girl who has lived in mansions her whole life, it's nice to stay at a small place....with you." She mumbled the last part of course. Peter laughed. "But wait... " Jade said counting the rooms with her fingers "there's only.. One bedroom?" She asked

"Yeah." Peter said. "You'll be staying in the bedroom, I'll be here in the living room," he said.

"But." Jade said.

"But's are for pooping." Peter protested "your sleeping in my room and that's that." He said, she didn't approve of him sleeping on a couch. This was his place of course.

"Okay....stupid face." She mumbled.

~~~~~~

It was about 2 am. Jade struggled in her sleep. She was having nightmares. It had been pretty much the same the past week. It was always the same stupid nightmare.

Her mother standing on top of the hill. The grass hill. The hill were Peter cried. The hill where his mothers name was carved. The hill where her and Peter kissed. But her mother was on the bench. Waiting for her, but Peters mother was also there. But she never talked. She simply pointed.

"What? Where? Where are you pointing?" Jade asked. She looked at the tip of Peter's mother finger. She looked in the direction she was pointing to. It was the shoreline.

"Oh your so stupid aren't you honey.?" Jades mother yelled.

"Shut up!" Jade said as Peters mother disappeared.

"Just admit it! Your afraid of your feelings. " she yelled at Jade.

"No! I'm not! I'm....I'm just not sure." She said.

"You're afraid of rejection aren't you? Your afraid to tell him."

"No! No! I don't....I mean....its.." Jade said with tears in her eyes.

"You love him. Don't you. But your afraid he doesn't love you back. You're afraid of him rejecting you, that's why your holding back. Well tough luck honey but you and I both know he doesn't love you,"

"No ! That's not true!" Jade yelled.

"Ah. So you do love him." She laughed.