Halloween Thoughts?

Oh, god damn it, not the moment I dread the most. I'm a little depressed this year. Why? I hear my teacher at the transition academy say that I'm "too old" to go trick or treating, even though I'm developmentally 12. Why is this depressing? It's part of growing up. I hear some of you ask. Because autism is a funny thing to have when you are in a society that is still kind of stuck in the 70's mentality. You may look and sound 21, but you are developmentally 6-12 years old give or take how slowly your brain is developed. I'm a twelve year old stuck inside of a 21 year old body. Can't we make adjustments to Halloween for those adults who love walking, dressing up, and saying 'trick or treat'?

I had an idea on that particular dilemma. What if people had both alcohol and candy at houses? That way, everyone is happy... I think. Sadly, there ain't much for me to do at Halloween, since I'm not exactly Miss Popular IRL. Let me be honest: what kind of person would invite someone with autism over to a Halloween party? My answer is basically none, unless they are planning a Halloween prank or if that autistic person had a lot of popular/good friends (which occasionally happens). 

Thankfully, there is a small work around. Since I'm still developmentally 12, I could either carry a blue pumpkin bucket or wear a Sonic costume. The latter might earn me some curious stares, but I'm out of ideas at this point. I dreaded this Halloween due to the fact that I'm developmentally 12, even though I'm actually 21. It's not like I could go to a Halloween party.

But on a happier note, they did add the Werehog to Sonic Forces and later, Sonic Dash (even though they are a year late on that. Seriously, the perfect time to release that was Halloween 2020 due to the fact that a full moon landed on Halloween night). At least there is one small silver lining to this depressing fact for me. To be honest, adding the Werehog felt kind of right. I've always wondered what the poses would look like and what the attacks would look like.

Okay, Halloween has been my favorite holiday because I like scaring the bejesus out of myself, and it's the only time dressing as cartoon characters is appropriate. Just saying. My favorite horror movie is Get Out. Why? The gore waits until the end to show. All the rest is like "Oh, you want to get scared? Screw you, we're going to be social commentary on racism and society... SIKE!" Basically, they screw with your brain before flashing the gore. Even though the gore happens in the last five minutes, the humor is on the nose, and I recommend watching the movie.

Favorite horror games are FNAF, DDLC, and Sonic Unleashed (Yes, I am counting Sonic Unleashed as a horror game). FNAF is "Hey, dumbass. We hired you to watch over the animatronics... WHICH KILL YOU!" DDLC is a lot slower, being that the whole first act doesn't show anything until the very end. I'm not going to spoil anything. You play it yourself. Just remember to check into a hospital when you are done playing Doki Doki Literature Club. Sonic Unleashed is considered horror in my book because of the fact that there are many consistent scenes in Sonic Unleashed that are creepy, such as those times where Sonic is staring straight into the camera as a werehog. That is kind of scary in my opinion. It's like Sonic is silently saying, "I know you can see me. Get me the fuck out! I will eat you if you don't!" Then there is the opening cutscene. Still have nightmares about that. Don't even get me started on Night of the Werehog. It was cute, funny and terrifying at the same time. Especially when Sonic does this:

Just... refer to this clip to know exactly what I'm talking about.