Fucking computer

Just as the title says (and my announcement), I have some very bad news. The computer I had since 2018 (the same one I post my badass oneshots and my stories/YouTube lore for STH Academy) is pronounced dead on December 29, 2022. That means several things:

*I will be unable to post chapters to any stories (Yes, I'm aware I have a phone, but I like to see you try to type a thousand words with your phone without making grammar mistakes or spelling errors).

*I am unable to post any YouTube content until further notice.

*I cannot access my grades or get any college work done UNTIL I GET A NEW FUCKING LAPTOP.

I get that many of you are saying, "Why didn't you get a new one before 2022?" Reason why is because my mother said to me that I don't "need a new one and just trying to get a better gaming system."

Plus, I like to see YOU have the same conversation with your mom for five years. If you know my mom, let me tell you that even though she thinks she meant well, she has shot me in the foot in many ways with just ordering a laptop without telling me or even letting me have any say in the matter. When I first got it, I got what was an essentially broken laptop. It crashed all the time, it froze up A LOT, and it has gotten so bad that it happened DURING CLASS when I was at my old college. To add the cherry on top of the embarrassment pie, it was really fucking ugly and the only use I ever see THAT type of laptop for is a doorstop.

For context on how badly it runs, it cannot run Sonic Forces or Poppy Playtime AT ALL (and I should know that a computer like mine SHOULD be able to run those games

For context on how badly it runs, it cannot run Sonic Forces or Poppy Playtime AT ALL (and I should know that a computer like mine SHOULD be able to run those games. My brother even pointed out that Poppy Playtime should run just fine on it with zero issues. It doesn't even LAUNCH). I use those two games to see EXACTLY how well or how poorly it runs. If a game that is like Sonic Forces (crappy and has a bare minimum gameplay) can run on it, then that computer passes my quality test. But since this computer can't even do that without running into an error message, then it's garbage and not even a computer for school. Lesson learned: do not trust someone who's not tech savvy. I bitched about this laptop for five years and NOW Mom has no issue with getting a new one.

I love my mom, but I wish she didn't keep me in the dark with my laptop. I don't want a fucking Chromebook because I used one throughout high school and it runs into it's own myriad of problems. I just wished that she would listen for a change and not be defensive and argumentative. "I live in a house with five people and there's not a sound!" Gee, I wonder why? It can't possibly be because us kids are all college introverts (That's sarcasm because my whole family are introverted EXCEPT for Mom). Plus, I am not exactly the kind of person who would be out partying because 1. What normal person would invite the weird autistic werehog to raves? And 2. It's not like I have hordes of IRL friends begging for me to hang out with them. 3. If I want company, I rather hang out with someone who isn't going to nag me all the time about chores.

The only thing that is keeping my mom close to me is Pokemon Go (I don't have the patience to stab something a thousand times, aka needlework, and I can't keep a plant alive. And believe it or not, I hate the texture of dirt under my fingernails). That's honestly quite sad. I mean, I have zero qualms about going outside and hiking with her if she asks or camping but NOPE. She just assumes that all I like is gaming. In fact, some of my best story ideas CAME FROM BEING WITH NATURE. I wish she could start paying attention and not seeing me as just my stims (which center around gaming). I just feel like I am talking to a brick wall.