Part 4: the feelings are mutual, or was it?

It's been three days and I haven't heard from Chase since that day he confessed his feelings. I'm sure he's just embarrassed by it when he definitely shouldn't. The feelings are mutual, or was it? Nonetheless I still don't understand why he had to act so awkwardly after that.
Now I don't know what to do and where to go, it's not like I have other friends except for him. I used to hang out with Sophie but now she's not around.
I should really work on finding a job, I planned to have a gap year before starting a career but I can't stand not doing anything. I apply a position as a graphic designer on a quite well known fashion company. After sending an email to them I leaned on my chair wondering what to do for the rest of the day.
I took a bus to a café nearby. Around 15-20 minutes later, I stopped at the station and made my way to the café. A few minutes of walking later, I pushed the door into the small shop as the smell of coffee and freshly baked pastries pleasing my sense of smell. I took a deep breath and find a seat. Ordered a cup of coffee.
"Well maybe some donuts?" I wondered. "I'm taking two of those chocolate eclairs please." I said with a smile.
Went back to my seat and started sketching on my sketchbook. As I was sketching I think back about what I said.
   "I'll... be your girlfriend."
Why did I say that? Do I really like him or I just say it to make him feel less embarrassed? I think it over and over again, I let my thought sink to the bottom yet no answers.
"Ugh." I grunted
"You sound stressed."
I looked up from my sketchbook to see who it was. A total stranger.
"Can I sit here?"
"Sure."
"Mind telling me what's bothering your thoughts?" He asked taking a seat. Without even introducing himself properly, the men with slightly long hair- shoulder length, started asking.
"Um.."
"I'm not forcing you to tell me." He laughed lightly. "You just look so frustrated that I think maybe you wouldn't mind some company."
I smiled.
"It's nothing really."
We talked for awhile then I excused myself to go home. It's nice sometimes to talk to people and make new friends.
On the bus, I got a call from Chase. Skeptical to answer at first, I tap the green button anyways. I mean I did nothing wrong, why am I avoiding him?
"Hannah."
"Yes?"
"No, I was just thinking maybe we should hang out tomorrow. Its Saturday and I don't have any plan."
I stayed quiet for a second, zoning out.
"Hannah?"
"Oh I'm sorry, I zoned out." I said with a sheepish laugh. "Where should we go?"
"I don't know, where'd you wanna go?"
"California?" I said hearing him sighing jokingly.
"I shouldn't have asked you. We're going to watch hockey."
"I hate hockey."
"Then?"
"Meet me at my house tonight."
"Whatever you say." He said as I ended the call.
Its getting dark outside. I immediately took a shower and put on my pajamas- big tee and a short, after getting back home. I gladly opened the door upon hearing a door knock.
"So where should we go?" Chase asked right away.
"I ordered some pizza, we're having sleepover." I said flipping trough channels on the TV. "I don't have anything in mind but we should try those- you know the crazy popular ice cream?"
"What ice cream? And why didn't you tell me first, I didn't bring clothes."
"I have your clothes remember? You left it last time?" I said before continuing. "Ah I'm saying, the ice cream roll."
"Sure." He nodded.
After three days of awkward silence from him, he came like nothing. Or was it me who's reading into it too much? Maybe he's just busy with work? Maybe it's only awkward for me.