One

Isadora's POV 

"Are you even listening to me right now, Isadora?!" My mother screamed. 

"No, I am so sick of this! You are ruining my life!" I yelled angrily. 

"Quit being dramatic! This is for your own good!" 

"I have a right to be angry. This is not what I wanted. I'm leaving." I turn away from my mother to grab my bags. 

"Don't you turn away from me, young lady. You are not leaving." 

"Oh really? Says who?" 

"Me. Your mother." 

"You're not my mother. Never have, never will." I spit out. The look on my mother's face meant everything to me. She finally understood how I felt towards her. "Yeah. How'd that feel? Are you going to cry now?" 

"I am going to break your jaw if you keep talking!" 

"You hurt me, and you'll pay for it." I threaten. 

"Isadora, we shouldn't be fighting like this." Says my mother a bit softer. 

"You're right, but this never would've happened if you'd just leave me alone." 

"I am trying my best to raise you-" 

"Well clearly you're not doing a very good job." I sigh deeply, bringing my hands to my head. "I can't do this anymore. Not with you." 

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" 

"I'm leaving. Far away from here. I never want to see you again." 

"Where are you going to go? You're weak without me. You would never survive." 

"I've survived long enough with you, I'm sure I can manage on my own." 

"You can't be serious about this." 

"Well, I am. I'm done being told what to do. Adalynn's coming too." 

"There is no way in hell she is coming with you. Look at the state you're in! She'd never be safe with you!"

"Every minute she's here, the less and less protected she is. She tells me what you do to her, mother. She hates you as much as I do." 

"Isadora you are only seventeen. You can't take her." Pleads my mother. 

"Adalynn is thirteen. She's very mature and we'll be ok." I argue. 

"We are not having this anymore." 

"You're right. We're not. Adalynn, let's go!" I call. 

"Please don't do this, Isadora." 

"Is that begging I hear?" I say with a smirk. My mother glares at me in return. 

"You don't have to do this!"

"Yes, I do. I can't stand you anymore." 

"Fine! Pack your shit and leave. I never want to see you again." 

"Good because I am never coming back!" I turn to Adalynn. "You ready?" She gives a small nod. "Great, let's go." I slam the door on my way out. 

"Come on. We're going through the forest." I direct.

"Why the forest?" Asks Adalynn. 

"'Cuz it's the safest way to escape. There are also plenty of resources and places to camp out until we come across something more suitable." 

"So we're just gonna be living in the forest?" 

"Got a problem with that?" I snap. 

"No." Adalynn replies quietly.