Four

Isadora's POV 

Unfortunately, the palace guards saw us before we did. I let go of Adalynns hand and told her to run. She did, and I was right behind her. Consequently, it ended up having a bullet shot at me right in my leg. The same guard aimed his riffle at my sister, so I encaged him in some tough vines. I continued to run as best as I could, but you can only go so fast with a bullet in your leg. 

By now, I was heavily bleeding and the guards were approaching me. That's the sucky thing about my healing powers, I can heal others, but I can't heal myself. Kinda metaphorical in a way if you want to take a different approach to my powers. Anyways, a series of four guards finally reached me. They grabbed my shoulder and threw me to the ground. I yelped out in pain, and used my magic. It worked for about two seconds until they finally pinned me down and strapped magic limiters on both of my wrists. They pulled me off the ground. 

"We'll find your sister, don't you worry about that." 

"You would never. Just leave her alone and take me." 

"And why would we do that? She's got magical powers as well." A guard sneered. 

"She doesn't have any powers. She's thirteen. She doesn't deserve this." I pleaded. 

"Oh come on," Another guard said to the man who looked to be thinking over my request. "She couldn't have gone far. Jerek and I will go search for the girl, and you and Mao take her back to the castle." 

"No, please! Please don't take my sister. Please, I'll do anything." I begged. I heard leaves being crunched and instinctively I turned around. Adalynn stood there, looking completely terrified. 

"Isadora-" She began. 

"Shh." I cut her off harshly. "Please. She won't survive. Take me. I'm the one with the powers. She'll be of no use to you." 

"Fine. We'll take you." 

"Isadora no! Don't do this." 

"Run along little girl." Jerek snarled. 

"No, please, don't take my sister!" 

"Adalynn, you have to go. These guards will take you and kill you. Just go, I'll be ok." 

"1-" Jerek counted, raising his rifle. 

"RUN ADALYNN!" I screamed. 

With tears in her eyes, Adalynn turned around and ran back into the direction she came from. Before I knew what was happening, I had a cloth being shoved into my mouth and metal chains attached to my wrists. With four guards at my side, we headed towards the castle. It was a long and painful journey, as the sun beat down on the metal chains causing my skin to blister. Throw in a bullet to the leg and dehydration kicking in, I thought for sure I was going to pass out.   

Eventually, we made it to the palace. People stared profusely as I was dragged into the courtyard, and into the throne room. I'll have to admit, the palace was very large and beautiful. It was covered in gold. Ginormous pillars added structure and paintings decorated the walls. I was thrown in front of the king and queen upon my knees. I saw Thor and Loki there too.

"We found her." Mao said triumphantly. I looked up and saw Odin staring right at me. 

"Take the cloth out of her mouth." Frigga said. Mao did as commanded. 

"What do you want from me?" I asked. 

"What is your name?" Odin asked. 

"I asked a question first." Mao slapped me across the back of my head. It hurt honestly, and that's saying something for me. 

"You will not disrespect the king like that!"

I sighed. "It's Isadora."

"Do you know why you are here?" 

"No, frankly I do not. Would one of you folks like to disclose that information to me?" 

"You're here because you were arranged to marry my son, Loki." 

I looked over at him, and saw that he was smirking, I did the same. "Well, that was a nice fantasy you had, but I never agreed to this marriage so it's a no for me." 

"Bit of a blunt one, are you darling?" Loki asked. 

"I can be blunter if you'd like." 

"Oh, please be."

"Anyways, back to my question. What do you want from me?" 

"What we want, you said no to." Odin replied. 

"Aw, what a shame. I guess that proves that not everyone gets what they want, huh? Anyways, if that's all we're here for, I'd like to be set free please. I've got a sister that your guards almost killed and I need to go find her." 

"Your request is denied." 

"So, you're going to kill me, I suppose?" 

"No. I'm going to make you a maid. Clearly you've never done a single thing to help someone, and some good discipline would be good for you." 

"That has got to be the most ridiculous thing you have ever said. You don't even know me." 

"Your mother has kept in touch will me regarding this marriage-" 

"And like I said, I don't consent to it." 

"Why might that be?" Frigga asked nicely. 

"For one, I'm seventeen. For another I don't want to be ruled by another person, much less a man." 

"It doesn't matter anyways, she's going to become a maid. You are dismissed. Guards, take her to the maid's chambers."